Author Topic: Show off your sprites!  (Read 153625 times)

Red_Raven

Re: Show off your sprites!
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2006, 02:01:02 pm »
heres that link fyber

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2006, 02:09:56 pm »
I like all the test tubes and such, but that text is sure kinda small.  Not that there's really any other way to put it on there without obstructing everything.  But it'd prolly work good as the background in an animated one and such.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2006, 03:45:43 pm »
I like the new layout. I can see how my almost empty beaker would be a bit distracting. Also, I have an idea as to how to make Mysto's idea work for that thumbnail. We could make all the test tubes bend into the shape of FYBERTECH. You know, like those really long tubes that are all coily and bendy and such?
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

Joefus

• Click Out Field Commander
  • Heehehe
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2006, 06:14:25 pm »
I kinda like the empty/full beaker combo.  I guess I'm just used to associating color with new posts and no color with no new posts.  But which ever I'll probably get accustomed to this in a week or so.

And, I to have a suggestion about making Mysto's banner work little better maybe.  Spell Fybertech in big letter in the background with the beakers in front.  They would be translucent like so you could have the name spelled in lots of colors.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2006, 06:42:30 pm »
The dark blue frames of the animation look great, but the lighter blue looks a bit sharp. It would look cool if it slowed down a little bit before looping.

Sino

« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2006, 09:40:44 pm »
DEAR MYSTO:

ITS NICE TO KNOW YU CAN STEAL MAXORS SIG.

DONT GO AS FAR AS MAKING AN ANIMATED BANNER THO.

ALSO, MIGHT BE NIICE TO HAVE PEOPLE FROM FYBERTECH IN THERE.

LOUD NOISES,
SINO.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2006, 11:14:39 pm »
Also Neuf is my catch phrase. Come up with your own.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2006, 12:14:31 am »
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT. ALSO, MYSTO, GO WITH MY IDEA. IF YOU MUST DO AN ANIMATED SIG, GO FOR THE COLORED CHEMICAL GOING THROUGH THE TUBES.

CRAPFULLY CRAPFULLY,
BUZZARD

PEE ESS, I TOTALLY JUST RIPPED OFF SINO'S POST IN ALL ASPECTS.

PEE ESS ESS, LOL @ ASPECTS AND THERE BEING THE WORD "ASS" IN IT.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 12:16:57 am by Buzzard »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2006, 12:42:24 am »
Buzzard here's what were yelling about. Mysto, has copied Maxors sig from snipe hunt, again claiming something that isn't his to begin with as his own. If he asked to use it that's the last youll hear of it from me. If you hadn't read the text underneath his avatar he's also claiming Neuf Sed as his own phrase as well, and no he's never asked me to use it. That's what i'm yelling about. The older members of the board can tell you that Neuf Sed belongs to me. I honestly don't care that people use it. The reason why i'm even saying something at all is I really want to see Mysto come up and use his own material for a change. Mysto your stealing is getting old. 
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2006, 12:46:38 am »
I'm well aware of all of that. I was avoiding the topic of his stealing stuff.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2006, 02:20:45 am »
I don't think he's really claiming anything.  I'm using a Dekaranger phrase in my info text, not to mention the avatar itself.  Doesn't mean I'm claiming that.

As for the banner, I dunno who he might have taken what from, but it aint like it's an official banner for the site, so who cares what he puts on it, really.  You guys could go stick Snipe Hunt sprites all over a banner and write Fybertech on it, or vice versa, and I couldn't care less . . !  Go for the win and stick sprites from N-Fans on there too if you want, and end up in the sprite theft topic on their board.  At the end of the day, it's still just pixels that nobody outside of a very small piece of the internet is going to care about. 

That being said, I don't condone actually taking things from elsewhere and saying you made them, cause that's just dumb.  That doesn't exactly seem to be the case this time, though I remember Mysto saying he made some sprite character once before and got called out on it, so perhaps he learned his lesson in that respect.

MORAL OF THE STOREE:  It's not really fair to yell at people for using certain sprites, unless you're going to yell at everyone else for using something like a Mario sprite too.  They're both made by somebody at some point, and many times "custom" ones are made based on top of someone elses work in the first place.  As long as someone doesn't outright claim to have made something, then who cares what they use it for.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 02:26:29 am by FyberOptic »

Red_Raven

« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2006, 06:53:55 pm »
The banner is what I use for other forums to link to here.

Joefus

• Click Out Field Commander
  • Heehehe
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2006, 08:52:51 pm »
And now on a much more funnier topic I just spent twenty minutes clicking the wrong colored flasks on board index.  Way 2 go me!

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2006, 08:59:01 pm »
The dark blue frames of the animation look great, but the lighter blue looks a bit jumpy. It would look cool if it slowed down a little bit at its lightest point before becoming dark again.

And I'll bring this up again, because I still think it'll be a good change to make.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2006, 09:18:27 pm »
Yeah I thought I might mess with it myself, I just never did.