Author Topic: Show off your sprites!  (Read 153578 times)

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: Show off your sprites!
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2006, 10:41:09 pm »
I like the full/empty idea personally.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2006, 10:54:43 pm »
I came up with an idea for the hot topic that might work.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Sino

« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2006, 11:00:38 pm »
SEISURED

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2006, 11:10:15 pm »
I was thinking that maybe an icon for the main page which moved quicker and began with blue would work.

My GIF animation program won't work without demolishing the image quality, so someone else will have to do it, but this is an example.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2006, 11:17:53 pm »
Here ya go.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2006, 11:57:33 pm »
I made all the extra variants needed for the topic index ones Prox made.  The poll ones are the same though.  I'm not sure how to give them all the extra properties they'd need.

For example, each icon needs Normal, Sticky, Locked, Sticky + Locked versions.  Then it needs versions of each of those to denote the topics you've posted in (which we used bubbles to indicate on the normal post icons).  Then you need variants of all of those for normal, hot, and very hot topics.  So that's 24 different images for the post icons, which are done, and another 24 needed for the poll ones.  But there's no room on the poll one for cracks to show lockedness or bubbles to show if you've posted in it, so I'm not sure what to do with'em yet.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2006, 12:17:31 am »
I've got your poll icons, right here

/punch

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2006, 12:45:24 am »
And now all 24 of those have been made~~

Red_Raven

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2006, 07:49:53 am »
im not just saying this, but i d prefer the old one with the changing beaker because thats what caught my eye when there was a new post.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2006, 08:23:18 am »
The animated beakers probobly would have killed dial up users. Even though the images aren't that big Kb wise your still waiting for everything else to load at the same time.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2006, 12:26:33 pm »
The animated one made it hard to differentiate at first glance which sections had new posts.  Normally I'm used to seeing either bright blue or light gray, which is a pretty big difference in colors, making it easy to see where stuff is new.  I know you put some effort into making the animated one, Mysto, but I asked around before changing it just to make sure, and a few other folks seemed to prefer the empty beaker too.  I even put the almost-empty one up first, and just that tiny bit of green in the bottom of it was enough to be distracting when looking for new posts.  There really needs to be some kind of drastic difference in color for those kinds of icons to keep the same level of functionality as before.

I can't say I'm crazy about the empty one, but it works.  Maybe a beaker alternating colors other than green would work better.  I can't say for shore unless I saw it.  As for the colors, I just had a thought about mabbe cycling between yellow and blue.  See if you can guess why . . !

Red_Raven

« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2006, 01:14:31 pm »
There you go, for the new posts

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2006, 01:16:07 pm »
I like these icons to be honestbut maybe a very pale liquid for the no new posts, and the green for when there are... flat for no, bubbles for yes... new posts = voilitile
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2006, 01:23:05 pm »
The flashy blue now shows which have new posts, and the green now shows normal.  I know it might take some adjusting to for the green, but I think it looks okay myself.  TELL ME ALL OPINIONS.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2006, 01:42:01 pm »
I prefer the full/not full myself, just easier to differentiate then full and flashing/full... just my oppinion though.