Author Topic: Website Suggestions  (Read 98160 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Website Suggestions
« on: September 30, 2005, 02:26:55 pm »
So anyone who's looked at the front page by now will have noticed a facelift.  That's not all that'll get done though.  Prox suggested I might could fit some news in there if I shift the gear over, so I might just do that . . !  There will also be a section for comics since there are some without a home now.

In any case, if you've got an idear or suggestion about anything on the site, this is the place to stick it.  Even if it doesn't get used exactly as you suggested, it might lead to other ideas, so it's all worth hearing.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
Re: Website Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:39:58 pm »
Maybe, just maybe, you could change the rounded rectangle thumbnails in the middle of the green gear. I was thinking maybe a circle shape with a border similar to the green gear would fit a little better, but then there's the problem of where to put the text.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 07:14:10 pm »
The only reason I used the square ones is just because I already had them, to tell you the truth.  I'm gonna fidget with the size of the gear anyhow, so I might be able to make the images appear circular in the center of the gear.

Iddi

• I'm not just a
  • '\(^o^)/'
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 09:31:13 pm »
Here are a couple of design ideas I quickly made for you guys to get the idea of what I was thinking of. I don't know how good they are and how easy they'd be to make, but that's not up to me, is it..!?!+

http://home.1asphost.com/Iddi/idea.GIF
http://home.1asphost.com/Iddi/idea2.gif

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 12:58:21 pm »
Belive it or not, our orriginal idea was for a spinning cog. Unfortunately without diving into flash there really isn't a good reliable way to make things spin. You can make move in a circle, but they keep their orientation.

I still think mabey the newspost should be on the left. My mouse is always over there for most sites anyway, so even if I'm right handed, its more ergonomic to have it on the left. This is just me, of course.

The internet is the revenege of left handed people, I swar~
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 12:23:25 pm »
I dunno Boris, I like the right-handed-ness it is a challenge to all things internety. It is a bold statement.  The main page does seem a bit empty though... Perhaps put the icons down the left side of the cog as well as on top, not two of each, but spread them out more.  Just an idea.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 02:46:09 pm »
This isnt exactly a website thing but maybe since we have been this loyal to this website, maybe there should be in a comic with everyones pic with sprites doing eandom crap.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 02:48:18 pm by Darth Ganodorf »

Ramesh

• He Who Has Level 13 Fire Emblem Grandmastery
  • More Tired than Awake
Ethereal...?
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 09:05:58 pm »
If anyone else thinks that thats a good idea, I'd happily whip up some sort of animation where they do stuff for 5 minutes and appear to have done absolutely nothing.
Lloyd: Fare well, Legault. My old friend.

Legault: I'll see you again, Lloyd. With Linus... And Uhai... Even if it won't be in this world.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 03:14:14 pm »
The reason those heads are in the comic section is because they're in a comic in the comic section. Samus is in Boris' Metroid Chronicles, Gordon is in Gordon, Vito is in Hindisght, Fyber is in Fyber assist, and Boris is going to be in a comic that He, Fyber, and I have been discussing that will sort of star all three of us, but wno knows when it'll ever get made.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 04:58:02 pm »
*makes his own orriginal comics* They are called: Bluejay Chronicles, Blordon, Bluesight, and Bluejay assist.  They are my own orriginal ideas.... I swear...
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Ramesh

• He Who Has Level 13 Fire Emblem Grandmastery
  • More Tired than Awake
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 08:58:15 pm »
You could add a forum. This place needs one of them.
Lloyd: Fare well, Legault. My old friend.

Legault: I'll see you again, Lloyd. With Linus... And Uhai... Even if it won't be in this world.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 09:58:15 pm »
That's good thinkin, I'll get right on it!

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 04:13:23 pm »
I would like to be able to get tons of spam from this site, please get sponsorship andburden my inbox with spam asking if my penis needs lengthening.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 03:19:29 pm »
(answer: yes)
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 12:05:48 pm »
/uses helium to enlargen Boris' penis to the size of an eggplant