Author Topic: Avatar: The Last Airbender  (Read 84711 times)

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 02:35:25 pm »
The whole episode reminded me of 1984. Especially with the government being a figurehead, like in the book. Definitely a darker episode.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2006, 03:04:43 pm »
I put 2x14 on the 'tube for anyone that missed it.

Part 1/3
Part 2/3
Part 3/3

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2006, 01:27:41 am »
Ok guys, these are gonna be some pretty serious spoilers, so I'm coloring them to avoid reading if you DO NOT WANT. What these are are medium detail episode summaries. You'll still get full enjoyment out of watching them when they come on, but it is spoilers nevertheless which some wish to avoid for your own reasons. Also, while the research I've done makes these seem legit, you know how the internet is with false info sometimes, so take it with your personal favorite ammount of salt.
(PEE ESS, these are straight copies from the posts of a local source over at Distant Horizon, so any weird language or wordings or focuses arn't my fault.)

TALES OF BA SING SE:
This episode is a bunch of short stories.
1.Katara and Toph go to a day spa and get pampered. Toph gets an “extra strength” pedicure on her calloused (Earthbending) feet. The girls have a mud bending fight while taking a mud bath, etc.
2.Uncle travels around the city collecting things for a picnic. Along the way he inadvertently helps strangers in different ways – he sings to quiet a baby, he helps a mugger get his life on track, etc.
3.Sokka walks past a Haiku club where people are reading haikus. When he accidentally enters the class, he finds out that he has a natural talent for haikus.
4.Zuko goes on a date with a girl that likes him. The two go to dinner and romantically stroll around Ba Sing Se.
5.Aang helps free the animals from a rundown zoo. His plan was to get them all to the agrarian zone in between the walls – a place where they could roam free. But getting them through the city was a bigger challenge than he realized.
6.Momo, looking for Appa, runs into a pack of angry cats. The cats chase Momo through the streets of Ba Sing Se. He tries to hide, acting like a street vendor’s dancing monkey. But the cats don’t let up and continue to chase him.

next up is Appa's Lost Days: (The title isn't confirmed, but seems likely given the details following)
This is an episode where we follow what happened to Appa starting when we lost him in Book 2 Earth Chapter 10.
Appa is taken by the Sandbenders from the library and sold to the Bedouins. Although Appa is tied down, he is hard to control so the Bedouins sell Appa to a traveling Fire Nation circus.
At the circus, a cruel animal trainer “breaks” Appa and forces him to perform in the circus. Appa manages to break free from the circus and goes searching for Aang. Unable to find him, he looks for a place to rest. Appa finds shelter in a barn, but he is violently chased away by a farmer. Still looking for shelter, Appa finds a cave but realizes that the cave is home to another animal – a Boar-q-pine. The two animals have a vicious fight and Appa is injured, stuck with Boar-q-needles. Appa is now becoming more animalistic and it shows when Suki (from Book 1 Chapter 4) comes across him. Appa is like an angry beast and Suki has to calm him down. She and the other Kyoshi warriors take care of Appa but it doesn’t last for long – the Kyoshi warriors are attacked by Azula, Mai and Ty Lee -- and Appa is forced to flee.

Finally we have Lake Laogai: (Also no title confirmation)
In Book 2 Chapter 17 Aang is searching around Ba Sing Se for Appa. He is lead off track by the Dai Li and Long Feng, who actually have Appa and who don’t want Aang to find him. The kids run into Jet who has been brainwashed by the Dai Li – he has information on a secret underground prison – could this be where Appa is? The kids try to deprogram Jet so that they can get the information about the prison from him. Meanwhile, Zuko finds out that Aang is in the city and decides that he is going to find the bison first. So the race to find Appa has begun!

Anyway, there you have it, hopefully I've brought some joy to you spolier seekers
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 01:30:33 am by Boris »
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2006, 03:14:10 pm »
Now I have something to look forward to in the next few episodes...!
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 10:33:14 am »
So are there any rumors for who will take Iroh's voice actor's place?  I just don't think they're going to be able to find anyone who can pull off the wise yet humorous personality they've built for him so far.

Boris mentioned that rumor has it that the original fellow has voiced up through the end of season 2.  LATS HOPE.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2006, 09:01:17 am »
My Guess is that The Fire Nation will kill Iroh before Zuko's eyes, sending him into a fury, when he comes down from it he decides to join the Avatar and teach him Fire Bending out of vengeance against Zuko's family.

This is just a guess, but to me it makes sense, as the next book should be fire.....
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2006, 11:24:52 am »
My guess is that he'll find out they killed his mother or something, and then choose to teach the Avatar so that the Fire Nation will be defeated.

Jack Dandy

• Behold my shiny!
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 09:40:40 pm »
Probley. God i love the show.
I LIVE AGAIN! When was my last post any way?

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2006, 12:31:03 am »
I dunno if this'll last, but right now go to turbo nick, and click top rated.
Wait through the ads.
Enjoy lake Laogai.

Or fyber could just work wizardry: http://www.fybertech.com/misc/avatarplayer.html

First act is kinda weak, but funny, and the next two are PURE ROCK.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:11:08 am by Boris »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2006, 02:40:31 am »
Yeah, this episode wasn't even on TV tonight, but ended up on their website.  Luckily Borz found it!

If you'd rather not use the Flash player, you can download the FLV video file, then use something like FLV Player to watch it.  Normally FLV will play in the VLC player, but this one apparently uses some new video codec which VLC can't do, so you need a different player, or as already mentioned, you can just use the flash player version I made.

Overall, it was a perdy good episode!

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2006, 07:29:27 am »
Best part: Appa throwing Long Feng away, then spitting out his shoe. Also, when Iroh told Zuko off.

FYBAR:  Edited for possible spoilers
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:14:25 am by FyberOptic »

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 02:13:55 pm »
I forgot almost until 4chan reminded me, Zuko's startin to look pretty slick with that hair gettin longer.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 04:36:14 pm »
I liked him better with the buzz cut, actually.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 08:39:39 pm »
Clearly I somehow have the heart of a long haired prettyboy loving fangirl then. It's creepy, please send help.

Jack Dandy

• Behold my shiny!
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2006, 11:26:59 pm »
Long hair looks good but I was more of the buzz cut for him. Any chacne you could rezsies that for me I'd like to use it as me Avatar.
I LIVE AGAIN! When was my last post any way?