Author Topic: Mysto Comics  (Read 85068 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: What Goes Up...Stays up?
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2005, 05:59:32 pm »
WELP, one can't get better at anything unless they practice, so I hadn't had much complaint about any of the comics.  Doing something creative is better than doing nothing at all.  However, I do agree with the spelling and grammar check comments.  I've known a few folks who make comics with certain problems and use the excuse that they're only making the comics for themselves so it doesn't matter, and that's fine I guess, but working for better spelling and grammar benefits you as well as the comic.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2005, 06:03:22 pm »
Oh, I'll post comments like this anyways, you know, since I'm a Dutch-Bag™ and all.

So let's address the corrections.

The main problem with your comic is that it's pretty pointless, like Ecto said before. It's like, the only thing behind your comic is the fact that you want to make one. So far, your comic has nothing to do with your title. I wouldn't say you're actually COPYING Bob and George, but you use the same childish "jokes" and the same types of sprites, which are hella overused and unpopular.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 06:06:20 pm by Prox »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2005, 06:09:17 pm »
Ok Gameboy, Mysto calling people names as we give you constructive critisim isn't a good way to score forum points here. When we comment on your comic it's so that you take our advice and better yourself with it. Instead your having a tantrum like a three year old when we tell you to fix things, or you drop them and start something entirly new.You should take the time to listen to the forum members that have been here longer. Just some advice. We know the do's and don'ts of making sprite comics. Your comic isn't enjoyable. Mega Man recolors aren't entertaining. BE ORGINAL.Try editing your sprites to look like beleivable characters and actually take the time to work on a plot.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2005, 06:20:24 pm »
Please pick a response:

1) Throw a fit and make callow insults left and right
2) "Leave" the website, only to return 12 hours later.
3) Act indifferent, then change the comic, avatar, name, etc.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2005, 06:28:28 pm »
Or, 4 create a new account at snipe hunt media and start the whole thing over again.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2005, 06:40:46 pm »
Typical response when someones caught with dual accounts. I find that hard to believe. If you don't have solid proof your just making things worse for yourself. If you think were giving you a hard time now try it here and see how we respond. If then what your saying is true I take back what I said. Two accounts are stupid and childish.

Red_Raven

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2005, 06:41:56 pm »
Or, 4 create a new account at snipe hunt media and start the whole thing over again.

You mean Tahikoma, My sister/aka Cortanagal? what about her? I have no control over what she does on my computer

ops, edited to late

Red_Raven

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2005, 06:54:27 pm »
Typical response when someones caught with dual accounts. I find that hard to believe. If you don't have solid proof your just making things worse for yourself. If you think were giving you a hard time now try it here and see how we respond. If then what your saying is true I take back what I said. Two accounts are stupid and childish.

There is no way to show Solid proof of me having a sister. Like none of you could ever prove you had siblings unless you were dumb enough to post a real life pic of them

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2005, 06:57:05 pm »
Im done with you.

Red_Raven

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2005, 06:59:44 pm »
Yeah, lets just drop the hole thing and get on with the comic and regular talk.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2005, 08:21:07 pm »
This argument will only recur if you continue the comic without changing anything, Mysto.

That is my final statement.

Red_Raven

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2005, 08:26:36 pm »
Oh, I'll post comments like this anyways, you know, since I'm a Dutch-Bag™ and all.

So let's address the corrections.

The main problem with your comic is that it's pretty pointless, like Ecto said before. It's like, the only thing behind your comic is the fact that you want to make one. So far, your comic has nothing to do with your title. I wouldn't say you're actually COPYING Bob and George, but you use the same childish "jokes" and the same types of sprites, which are hella overused and unpopular.

Ill admit the spelling needs work, On the comic im working on the introduction of the cast members or im gonna move right on to the storyline and introduce them from there. As for the Title, that does need to change. As for the childish jokes, Thats whats supposed to bring out the entertainment...I think.

magus

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2005, 10:01:22 pm »
He's right for a change.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2005, 11:44:54 pm »
Way to improve, man. That was totally the response one should give when he's criticized.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2005, 12:30:40 am »
Well, I think I'll come in and try to hamper the hatin'.

Okay first off, if you're going to criticize Mysto's comic give reasons, so he can learn and try and fix that if he chooses too. Don’t just go YOU SUCK! Try and help, and not be an ass about it.

Now Mysto, I’m going to give you some suggestions and tell you how I generally make a comic, so I can help you. I use MSPaint and MicrosoftWord, I know you have a Mac so you probably don’t have those, but you probably have some sort of similar programs.
Some suggestions:
Sprites. Use your own, and try to avoid recolors.  Use your own sprites and characters because it makes things easier on you because that way your comic will keep the same style and you don’t have to worry about people getting angry about thievery. Avoid recolors because they’re lame and too simple. If you need to refine your spriting ability until you’re at a level above straight up recolors.

Story. First off stick with a comic for a while. Come up with a story that has a beginning, middle, and end in your mind, don’t worry about length. I originally only thought this Hindsight story would take like 25 comics to tell, then 50, and now it’s going to end on 100. I didn’t plan to get that far, I just thought of some stuff I wanted and made it work. Originally I had the story to be like Annie hires Vito, Vito goes to a bar to get info, Vito goes after Smartpig, Vito and Smartpig meet and fight or something. The end. From there I would add things to get the why and how one event would go to the next and sometimes even adding in some things that I thought would be cool, like Annie gets kidnapped. The main thing is I wanted it to make sense so people wouldn’t have to ask questions, or that those questions would be answered in a future comic. So come up with a story and setting that will make it so people won’t have to ask questions. Generally, having the first comic kind of telling the setting and introducing characters is a good idea. That’s what I did.