Author Topic: Fire emblem: Path of Radiance  (Read 28206 times)

Harpuia

• Harpuia EXE
Fire emblem: Path of Radiance
« on: December 01, 2005, 07:04:32 pm »
who played this game and if u did isnt it the best lol

magus

Re: Fire emblem: Path of Radiance
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 07:15:10 pm »
i defenitly want it.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 07:20:06 pm »
It looked really good from the commercials I saw. I really want it.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

Harpuia

• Harpuia EXE
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 07:24:13 pm »
lool and in this one (ithnk u cant do this in the other one im not sure) u can create ur own swrd and yesterday i made the Z-saver and i made the Z-saver SP (meaning super powered lol) and the both are green like the actual one but the Z-saver sp looks more like it

Joefus

• Click Out Field Commander
  • Heehehe
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 08:16:24 pm »
I got this game about a week after it came out, played through about chapter ten then I got distracted by Soul Caliber 3 and DMC 3.  I love Fire Emblem games, and this one's pretty good so far, but right now I lack any motivation to play through the story (same thing happened in to me in FE7).  I just get tired of having to restart each level from the begining when I make some really dumb mistake and end up getting a party member killed.  But I'll get around to beating it some time.

Only things I dislike about the game is (a) how expensive those custome weapons are (hell even bring the weapons stats below standard costs you an arm and a leg.  (b) THey got rid of the pirate class!  That was my most favorite class on the GBA games.

magus

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 08:32:42 pm »
Customizing weapons?!!!!!!!! ;D

Joefus

• Heehehe
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 11:55:17 pm »
pretty much you get to pick what style of weapon you want (sword, axe, lance, magic) then you pick the level of the weapon (Iron, Steel, Silver, throw and magic's got it's own set).  Then you adjust the stats of the weaopon (attack, hit, crit, and somthing else) then you can name it and I guess pick the color.  But like I said it's way to expesive to be very useful in a game where you can't just go and fight random battles to get money (which isn't exactly a bad thing mind you)

Blazeman

• BOMBING DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!
    • Children of Crisis [FF7 RP]
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 01:32:43 am »
I think the stat you're missing for weapons customization is weight. Either that, or durability. Are points consumed when the stat goes up or down?

Joefus

• Heehehe
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 10:11:39 am »
you don't have a set amount of points to allocate per say.  for every point you go up or down on a weapon's particular stat it costs you alot of money.  so like if the default attack was 4 you could raise it all the way to 99 if you wanted to but you'd have to pay a whole lot of money.  And on the other side, if you decrease a stat from say 4 to 1 it still costs you a lot of money for some reason!!

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 11:53:16 am »
I've never played any FE games.  I've had for the longest time an aversion to any RPG's, but as i grow older I find other games don't hold my interest as much, and I'm craving story and substance over blowing shit up.  The Jak and Daxter games are great as there's a continuously evolving story, same with LoZ, but otherwise I can't sit there and play the same mind numbing drivel I used to.  So I need help.  I hate turn based combat, because once a character gets in danger of dieing I get caught in a loop; heal them single attack to the enemy get hurt, heal attack, get hurt... I preferred combat like in Tales of Symphonia, but never finished the game.  Can anyone suggest a few good games for me to try for GC, PS2, X-Box, GBA, or DS. I gots them all so it's not so bad finding a game to play... just bad finding a GOOD game to play.
Thanks for the help.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

LtSterling

• Art Gallery
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 02:39:43 pm »
Harvest Moon is technically a RPG. Or at least nintendo says it is, as they list it and Zelda under their RPG section on their website. 

Kingdom Hearts(PS2), Kingdom Hearts: chain of memories(GBA) and any of the Megaman battle network series(GBA).  Thier solid RPGs that allow more free action in battle rather then just waiting and watching enemies get whacked and whacking you.
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 02:52:30 pm »
However, there are like a billion battlenetowrk games now and they all follow the same basic story and have the same basic gameplay.

magus

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 04:06:10 pm »
you mean you have to move your people like chess pieces?

Joefus

• Heehehe
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 04:10:13 pm »
I'd have to say pick either battle netwok 2 or 3, they've got the best interms of story and such.  I also hear that Battle network 6 is supposed to be pretty good, but it wont be out till probably first few weeks of June. 

Also FF12 has some really funky psuedo real time battle system, where essentially all you do is walk around the battlefield, when your ATB gauge fills your character will start to head towards the enemy and then do their attack.  SO you never really get involved in the action at all (I played the demo that came with DQ8 and I didn't really like this at all).

Also you could try out the Mario and Lugi games for GBA and DS, they're supposed to be good.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 04:12:54 pm »
Harvest Moon is technically a RPG. Or at least nintendo says it is, as they list it and Zelda under their RPG section on their website. 

Kingdom Hearts(PS2), Kingdom Hearts: chain of memories(GBA) and any of the Megaman battle network series(GBA).  Thier solid RPGs that allow more free action in battle rather then just waiting and watching enemies get whacked and whacking you.

I have/have played all those gamesI liked the EXE series till the last ones, it's getting like Pokemon now, the same thing EVERY time.  Harvest moon I didn't like.  it was fun for a bit, but lost that fun pretty fast (I'm always so poor), KH was great, but chain of memories I didn't like as much, the card battle system sucked I thought. Any other suggestions? do you guys think i should try Fire Emblem? (Also i have Phantasy Star Online, and love it, also Fable)
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.