Author Topic: New Race in WoW Expansion Pack  (Read 35056 times)

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
New Race in WoW Expansion Pack
« on: February 23, 2006, 09:00:06 pm »
As we all know (or at least people that play WoW) that Blood Elves will be the new race for the Horde, but what of the Alliance? Post your theories here. My bet is the Worgen, here is a thread that may give evidence to the new race. NOTE: This is not concrete proof:

The people of Gilneas entombed themselves in their isolated peninsula at the outbreak of the Undead Scourge, erecting the Greymane Wall to keep out the demons and walking dead of the cursed army. To this day, refugees from the ravaged villages of Lordaeron gather at it, crying for safe haven from the Forsaken that now claim Silverpine Forest as their own.

Yet it is not much better behind the wall. For agents of the crazed wizard Arugal have infiltrated the once-prosperous land and spread a dark curse among the populace. As the first tainted moon climbed into the sky, screams rendered the countryside as the inhabitants of Gilneas changed forms and became the crazed Worgen. Few retained their minds. Many became wild and bloodthirsty.

Those who remained in control of their thoughts waged a war hidden from the eyes of the rest of the world, slaying former friends and family in an effort to preserve what little life still hoped for survival. Naming themselves the Nightcry after that first terrifying moonrise, they fought until they found themselves drained of resources and the will to continue the bloody battles alone.

Unable to conceal their horrid existence from the world any longer, a new sun rises over Gilneas. The Alliance has opened its gates to the refugees and an effort is now underway to restore humanity to the Nightcry Worgen. As one of their number, you must prove yourself a capable ally to the Alliance's cause and master the powers granted to you against your will in order to free your land...no matter how much blood you must shed.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
Re: New Race in WoW Expansion Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 12:42:09 am »
Hmmmmm... Better Naga.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 12:27:04 pm »
I am very ignorant of these things... what are Blood Elves?
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 03:33:23 pm »
Blood Elves are a faction of High Elves that dress in red to remeber their fallen brethern when the Scrouge invaded Quel'Thalas and destroyed 90% of the High Elve population. And also Naga can not be the new Alliance race because naga are in an allience with the Blood Elves and the Fel Orcs under Illidan's control. But since Blood Elves sided with the Horde instead of with Prince Kael'Thalas and his Blood Elves, which might factor in a divide in the race.

Jack Dandy

• Behold my shiny!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 03:23:52 am »
You know what i bet that its those Draenei will be the new alliance race because it would make sence they blame the orcs for the lost of there homeland and loss of there youngs ones.
I LIVE AGAIN! When was my last post any way?

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 08:38:53 am »
Possible, but the remaining Draenei are ether in the alliance Illidan made with them because he saved some of the last remaining ones in Outland from Fel Orc, or they have gone crazy in the Swamp of Sorrows, though their is one last remaining non-crazy Draenei tribe in the Swamp.

Jack Dandy

• Behold my shiny!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 12:01:26 pm »
Thats very ture.

Ciono

• Coffee Fiend
  • Fybar Wannabee
    • In Praise of Folly
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 12:12:19 pm »
Hmmmmm... Better Naga.
That'll never happen, mainly since the naga are cursed night elves, thus they'd never be on the same side.
Possible, but the remaining Draenei are ether in the alliance Illidan made with them because he saved some of the last remaining ones in Outland from Fel Orc, or they have gone crazy in the Swamp of Sorrows, though their is one last remaining non-crazy Draenei tribe in the Swamp.
But see, the expansion includes the outland. What's to say that they won't reappear as the outland is opened up. In my eyes, this is the best of all the possible hypothesis. I just can't see the worgen being all that important or interesting to need to be represented by a whole race.
Booyaka

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 03:31:30 pm »
Outland is a new max lvl charecter area, as in STFO unless you are a lvl 70, mostly because of Fel Orcs, Doom Guards, Mammoth demon things, Fel Stalkers, and pretty much every agent of the Burning Legion. And not to mention Worgen would make since since Arugal cursed any and all around Silverpine Forest, and Gilneas is right next door to Silverpine. I mean would you want people to know your a werewovle thing? First things that would happen are if you are just cursed:

1. Lynch mobs
2. Stake burnings
3. Silver bullet through the heart
4. See staements 1-3

Jack Dandy

• Behold my shiny!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 04:21:50 pm »
I hope to god this is an April Fools joke for the love of god i hope it is. Which it most likely is.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/wisps.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 04:24:27 pm by Jack Dandy »

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 10:41:12 pm »
Wisps are Night Elve ghosts, so its impossible for wisps to be considered a race. If it is..... God help us all

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 12:08:52 am »
note the permanant death junk, they wouldn't actually do that. This is a joke like the two headed ogre thing from a couple of years ago. I like that they kept the utterly useless ability from WC3 of detonate.
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

Jack Dandy

• Behold my shiny!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 02:00:01 am »
Meh that abillity was fun i made tuns of whisps and had them blow up all the enemy buildings.

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 09:07:19 am »
And the facial hair looks photo shopped. And how could a wisp be a warrior? It would be funny seeing a wisp carring around a sword and shield though

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 03:46:57 pm »
The new alliance race supposedly leaked, called the Mok’Nathal.  You can read about'em at the WoW forums.