Author Topic: Some old stuffs  (Read 33760 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Some old stuffs
« on: November 04, 2004, 01:11:51 am »
I made a few GameBoy and GameBoy Advance ROMS a while back, so I thought I'd post'em again in here for everyone to mess around with.  None of them are really amazing or anything.  Just stuffs I made to tinker around at programming for the systems.  If it weren't so much troubles to make'em, I might have done some bigger things.

GameBoy
Ball Bouncery
Sprite Test
Mini Screen Saver

GameBoy Advance
Image Test
Pixels Test
Sprite Animation Test
Desert Labship

If anybody wants it, I'll put up the source codes to all of'em.  OR I MAY DO IT ANYWAYS.

Update:

NES
Sprite/Palette Test (source)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 04:55:40 pm by FyberOptic »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: Some old stuffs
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 10:29:42 pm »
I was messing with GBA programming again and put together another demo rom:  Desert Labship

This rom uses two seperate tiled background layers and alphablends the clouds for the transparent effect.  The clouds are slightly modified ones from SMB1, and the background is from Ship Happens #2.  The images themselves use all 256 colors of the palette, which almost didn't leave room for blending to work correctly until I tweaked with its settings!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 10:45:29 pm by FyberOptic »

Ramesh

• He Who Has Level 13 Fire Emblem Grandmastery
  • More Tired than Awake
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 03:14:46 pm »
Woo... Nice ship... What's it do?
Lloyd: Fare well, Legault. My old friend.

Legault: I'll see you again, Lloyd. With Linus... And Uhai... Even if it won't be in this world.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 04:31:43 pm »
It's the Hazard Labship; kind of a mobile laboratory/terrarium/library/home for the Hazard Labbers.  You can probably see it in action the best in Hazard Labs's main hand-drawn comic, Four for the Road.

Theddy

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 05:19:16 am »
I think 44tr rules.

P.S. Ako at Hazardlabs should find her own character.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 01:32:30 pm »
I just realized all those links were broken after Hazard Labs was moved.  -o-;;  I'll put the files on this server sometime . . !

UPDATE:  Now that the Labs has imploded, the links are now set to this server, like they should have been to start with.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 09:44:25 pm by FyberOptic »

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 10:46:55 am »
Herro to You Fyber.  I was wondering iffin you ever got around to doing anything more with that Bluejay rom you made, if not it's cool, i just miss seein lil ol me flying around.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 11:03:26 am »
Na I didn't work much more on that rom.  Or any rom.  Usually by the time I do all the work just to get a simple rom working, I'm already bored of it.  I can only assume that actual GBA developers and such have propper tools for mushing graphics and sounds and everything together, because doing that by hand got to be tedious.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 02:09:28 pm »
They have specially trained teams of sea monkies that will make the game using thier incredible underwater magic.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Altzan

• Website Designer
    • My website of boringness
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 10:44:51 pm »
YEAH! :D 'Cuz I had a game, and those underwater monkey thingies came and tinkered with my Megaman Zero 3 Game. Now, Zero is always pink, the enemies fight me with tea, and Ceil turned into a commando-like guy. COOL WATER MONKEYS MAN! Now that game is actually interesting!

NOTE: All that was said above was humorous, but totally false.
TORTQUATO TASSO is the best name ever.

RANDOM WEBSITE
SEE MY POKEMANS CARD

Iddi

• I'm not just a
  • '\(^o^)/'
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 03:29:20 am »
I saw the "Know how to make your own ROMS, or want to find out how?", and wondered, if it's not too hard (which I guess it probably is), if it was possible to learn this. I don't mean I'd make something huge, but maybe play around like I did when I made small smilies and buncing blobs in QBASIC as a ten-year old. Those were the times.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 12:49:37 pm »
Making roms isn't very easy.  Most of the toolkits out there expect you to have a somewhat advanced knowledge of C++ already, due to how you have to access hardware functions and memory locations to make the device do stuffs.  The tedious manner of adding sounds and graphics into a rom is part of the reason I gave it up.  There is no drive to store your media on in a rom, so the data has to actually be merged into the code itself.  X_x

Iddi

• I'm not just a
  • '\(^o^)/'
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 04:55:58 pm »
That sad day in November 2005, Iddi gave up his dream of becoming someone who just sat around at his computer all day making crappy ROMS for GBA emulators. What a sad, sad day it was.

Iddi was never the same.

Red_Raven

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 05:04:06 pm »
 :o, poor poor iddi

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 03:37:12 pm »
I remember how he used to laugh and sing... minus the singing.