Author Topic: Website Updates  (Read 9626 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Website Updates
« on: July 11, 2005, 03:31:44 pm »
I figured I'd make a topic to mention when I make changes to the site.  HERE WE GO~

- Added java chat page, and added an icon to it on the main page.  Or you can manually connect to it at irc.fybertech.net and join #fybertech in your preferred irc client.

- Changed the W3C compliance icons on the front page to small customized versions which are faded until you mouse over'em, similar to what you see at the bottom of the forum here.

- Wrote template-handling software so that I can easily add and change the layout of the main site, and use the same framework for all pages. 

- Created an interface to the forums for previously mentioned software to fetch messages and display them in the template.  This can be seen by clicking the DOZ, Electris, and ROMS icons now on the front page.

All in all it's pretty much the same site aside from the addition of the chat; some things might just look a little different.  But maybe I'll add things more often now since it's easier to do.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: Website Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 05:31:22 pm »
The site is also now 100% HTML 4.01 Transitional and CSS valid.  :D

This doesn't mean anything in particular to the average user, it just means I coded it all exactly to the official specs, probably making it more likely to show up correctly in any web browser.  Believe it or not, but most sites aren't valid. 

If you wanna see for yourself, run your favorite sites through the W3C's Markup Validation Service and W3C CSS Validation Service to find out.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 11:48:55 pm »
*only codes for Internet Explorer, then uses Netscape*
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 11:51:12 am »
Don't feel too bad, even Yahoo fails . . !