Author Topic: Smrattest People of the Earth  (Read 8789 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Smrattest People of the Earth
« on: July 28, 2008, 11:25:32 pm »
I decided that since the internet is chock-full of some of the stupidest people ever, that we might as well make a topic devoted to making fun of them!  Feel free to post about whoever rolls through the news.

Let's start with this fine story from Extreme Makeover.  In a nutshell, they find a family whose house is in bad shape.  So, in Extreme Makeover fashion, they rip it all down and do it up nice and fancy.  Except they do this house even better than most, to the point of like a mini-mansion.  They make the house worth about $450k, and not only that, but raise $250k for the family, scholarships for the kids, a house maintenance fund, etc.  They do these folks a huge favor, pretty much turning their lives completely around.  It was like winning the lottery.

Then the family takes out a $450k mortgage, and now the home is being foreclosed on. 

If they couldn't pay their mortgage payments, this most likely means that they burned through all of the extra cash that the Extreme Makeover people raised for them too.  So much for college, kids!  I wanted to see what people this dumb looked like, so I found an article about them elsewhere, if you're interested.

So now they'll probably end up in a low-income apartment somewhere living off of welfare, and go down as the most despised family from Extreme Makeover so far..!  And if you look at the quote at the bottom of the first article, even the mayor of the town was aggravated about it, since he had helped build the place.

I suppose it just goes to show you that you can't help dumb people, no matter how much you give'em.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:30:46 pm by FyberOptic »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: Smrattest People of the Earth
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:28:10 am »
How about some smratness outside of the US?

"At least 50 people have lost their sight after staring at the sun hoping to see an image of the Virgin Mary."

Best part?  "Despite warnings, and the potentially harmful effects of their actions, believers are allegedly still flocking to a hotelier's house in Erumeli near where the divine image is said to have appeared."

[Insert "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" joke here]

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: Smrattest People of the Earth
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 10:30:28 am »
It was clearly God's will they go blind.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com