Author Topic: Rebrnt  (Read 10107 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Rebrnt
« on: September 02, 2007, 07:05:51 pm »
The server needs to get rebooted for some upgrades to come into play, so I'm scheduling it to happen tonight at 1am Eastern.  It'll mean more ram, more disk space, and even twice the bandwidth.  I doubt it'll take much more than a reboot, so expected downtime is five minutes, but you never know what can happen.  So if you try to load the site up around that time and it doesn't work, now you know why!

Also, I'll shamelessly plug the company we use for hosting who gave everyone these free upgrades yet again, Linode.  They offer several different tiers of virtual server hosting, starting at just twenty bucks (and no more setup fee now).  In a nutshell, they give you a virtual Linux-based machine that you have pretty much full control over.  Great prices, great service.  Check'em out.

Edit:  EVERYTHING IS FINE.  IT'S NOT EXPLODERED OR ANYTHING.  SERIOUSLY.  DO NOT PANIC.

No really, it's fine.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 01:39:33 am by FyberOptic »

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: Rebrnt
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 09:40:34 am »
Fyber I cannot see the site! Oh wait, My eyes were closed... nevermind.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 05:36:01 pm »
Your avatar fits the scene perfectly.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 07:05:35 am »
feel free to steal and claim as your own, maybe replace heads w/fybertech heads
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.