Author Topic: LORD2 Rules  (Read 10446 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
LORD2 Rules
« on: January 08, 2007, 07:14:41 pm »
Since I keep getting complaints about certain bullshittery in LORD2, I'm going to set some rules, since I'm pretty much tired of trying to deal with it.

I understand that no actual cheating has been done, but apparently it's possible to use the smack rod to teleport into certain areas and slip into other peoples properties, and from there, take their money stashes and kill them, even though they're supposed to be safe inside.  Due to this, one might think a person could hide outside somewhere instead, and that another player would use up all their turns in looking for them.  But no, the gryphon moons allow for infinite turns, allowing someone to stalk and eventually find another player, no matter how far away they hide. 

There is really no fair way of dealing with these issues, since aside from a "flaw" in the game which allows the teleportation to places you shouldn't be, it's still within the game rules.  Killing people is within the game rules.  But when I get complaints about it happening all the time, setting back any progress they make from experience and gold gettery, then there's obviously an issue of fairness here which needs to be resolved.

SO HERE IS THE SKINNY.  The smack rod will not be used by anyone to teleport into their privately owned properties, and certainly not to kill them and steal their private stash of gold.  I know it sounds funny to do sometimes, and I even laughed at first, but this shit just keeps happening apparently and it's no longer a joke.  If I get complaints about it happening again, the person at fault will get their smack rod taken away.  In the event that they reacquire it and continue to do so, or other people begin to do so, then I quite possibly will alter the game to remove the item and quest to get it altogether.

I'm not tryin to be an asshole here but geeze, it's supposed to be fun for people to play, and killing them and taking their money all the time, and me getting complaints about, is no fun at all.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
Re: LORD2 Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 09:33:46 pm »
Actually, after you complete the smackrod quest, you can't do it again. But thanks for the anti-hunting rules. If we had like, 20 or 30+ people playing, I wouldn't care about smackrod asshattery, but when it's 3 people playing, it gets tiresome.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: LORD2 Rules
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 10:05:06 pm »
When the games were made, they were expected to be played on a BBS with a time limit.  So you had like an hour (depending on the BBS) to not only play your games, but also do messages and files and whatever else you wanted.  For the whole day.  So this situation would have been a bit different back then, since one couldn't have spent forever hunting another down.  Plus, as you said, there'd have been more targets to play against, making it easier to team up for revenge against people doing it.

But like I suggested to Solid, there are surely other full BBS's still out there one could do such tomfoolery on if they were so inclined, once they were done mucking around on FyBBS for the day.  This list might be of use, I dunno.  These are full BBS's though, not just a game menu, so it might take some figuring out.  Also, some places might have customized versions of the games up, which might also seem different.  LORD1 was especially easy to "skin", so I saw a few versions of that once upon a time.