Author Topic: Chain-story.  (Read 11328 times)

Jack Dandy

• Behold my shiny!
Chain-story.
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:20:30 am »
So when posting in the Dreams topic by prox it gave me an idea. Why don't we make a game where we post our own bit and peace to a story in continuation to where the person ahead of you started. Now please don't just go off bam and say something random try to make a continuation. I may post some more rules if i can think of some good ones to keep it going. Your thoughts on this would be greatly apreaciated.
I LIVE AGAIN! When was my last post any way?

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
Re: Chain-story.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:31 am »
interactive fiction is always fun, I say go fer it if you can think up something that gets everybody involved.
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 02:41:18 pm »
Do we want to decide the topic or just go?

Jack Dandy

• Behold my shiny!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 03:12:40 pm »
Hmmmm I quess just go since I have no idea what topic it should be. Maybe vote on it?
I LIVE AGAIN! When was my last post any way?

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 10:32:43 pm »
These are always a pain to start off, but I think a fun, easier version is, instead of writing a paragraph or two to add on to the story, only five words are added at a time. Tell me what you think about it.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 03:43:16 am »
nah, five words is a fun subgame, but we don't even have the full paragarphs version yet. Let's go with the up and up first, and the subject could really easily be 'a day at the fybertech lab' you know. we'll go from there if this topic is liked.
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 05:13:26 pm »
Haha, foolish creatures, your delays have allowed me to choose the subject of the story!

In the distant future, everyone got kind of bored from all the world problems being solved my technology, religion, and/or the efforts of various celebrities, so they started a pointless war between various Food-themed factions: The World Taco Federation, the Beef Slicers, the Omni Meat Group, Lettuce of/or Lacerations (whichever one sounds better), and whatever other groups that can be amde using backronyms of netspeak acronyms. They battle in modified Personal Observation and Secure Transport vehicles, the most common modification being the attachment of Fire Launching Attack Mode Equipment.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 11:42:15 pm »
(Imma use some creative license on this one, seeing as how the backronyms kind of hinder things)

April 5, 21XX

I'm in a position that most find themselves in as well these days. My name's Effington. Jay Effington. I wised up early on in life, see. I knew there were others smarter than me. I worked my ass off trying to get to the top, finished in the middle. Got a scholarship to the Mrs. Margaret C. Whitman School of Economics. Did my undergrad education just fine, but as soon as I was out, I was drafted by Omnimeat, one of those big warring corporations. The corps own everything nowadays, so they can do whatever they want to us, the plebes, see. They filed my 3-year contract under "involuntary service for posterity", citing some cloudy legal jabber allowing them to use the United States Army to "address potential threats to the economy". Naturally, they just reached over the Department of Defense and did the drafting in their place. I don't care about the war or whoever wins it, I just want to get out of this rut. Higher-ups haven't disclosed all the details on my next assignment, but they have mentioned that we'd have to watch out for the United Kingdom's very own Royal Order of Fishing Labor, which is like a company and a labor union combined, overseeing everybody in Europe who touches fish without eating 'em. We clash a lot with the Royal Order because of Omnimeat's recent efforts to push into the fish industry. I got nothin' else today. I'll write more on this once more happens, see.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:58:27 pm »
Lol, Boris was kind of right. This story sucks.