Author Topic: Political Pigpin  (Read 184020 times)

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
Re: Political Pigpin
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2008, 03:11:25 pm »
In the meantime I don’t see what the big deal is about drilling short term for natural gas until we can switch to alternative energy sources. Oil companies store the stuff in huge amounts which means it could be released for use within a year. It burns cleaner then oil, and we have a large supply of it.
With new technology being developed every day we have much more cleaner, safer ways of pulling the stuff out. Natural gas itself is real cheap, I don’t mind paying a little bit more in the future because were not giving our money to the middle east. Instead of giving them billions of our dollars every year we can use that money to fix the economy as well as the environment. The only thing standing in our way is Nancy Pelosi who thinks she’s the new Captain Planet
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2008, 05:17:17 pm »
EDIT: Oop, you said natural gas, not oil.  Let me edit.

Yeah, that T. Boone Pickens guy wants to use our natural gas for transportation.  But apparently the key to doing that is to stop using it for everything else.  I know he has a big stake in wind power, but if he wants to make a bunch of profits off of clean energy, then more power to him.  As for how we'd actually go about using the natural gas for transportation, that's a whole nother story.  I don't know what would be involved to run vehicles off of it.

Anyway, on a funnier note, Conan sent Triumph to the RNC.  I got quite a few laughs from it, and I normally don't find Triumph quite so funny..!

Part 1
Part 2

And more news on Sarah Palin's avoidance of all media, and the campaign's bullshit excuses for it.  Translation: "She doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground, and we can't let you ask her any questions that would make you realize that."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:03:49 am by FyberOptic »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #272 on: September 11, 2008, 12:38:42 am »
The word Flip Flop has been thrown around a lot lately. Remember when there was that big issue about cows farts putting out more methane gas then cars or whatever the heck it was? The same people telling us cows are bad, are now telling us to eat less meat. One day a week, then carry on from there. Now if Cows are killing the planet, wouldn't eating them be saving the world?  ::)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/sep/07/food.foodanddrink

I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2008, 09:59:09 pm »
McCain trying to cover up Palin's earmarks.  I wonder what he'll say when confronted about how like 7 of his 8 advisors are lobbyists, yet part of his platform is that he's going to stop lobbyists and special interests from controlling congress.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2008, 10:15:44 pm »
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2008, 09:45:51 am »
Welp, they're already trying to neuter the debates, to give a newbie like Palin a better chance of not coming off as a complete inexperienced moron.  I guess Putin, Ahmadinejad, Kim Jong-il, Chavez, etc etc, would be equally polite and easy on her if she ever became in charge, you know.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2008, 12:47:15 pm »
I guess Putin, Ahmadinejad, Kim Jong-il, Chavez, etc etc, would be equally polite and easy on her if she ever became in charge, you know.

Unless of course you were to talk to them without pre conditions, and refer to Iran as just a small country that's not a threat. That's to bad their neutering the debates, I want them to give Biden every available chance to open his mouth and say something stupid like "Raising taxes is the patriotic thing to do.It's neighborly" 

A list of Obamas earmarks. That's a lot of millions to add up there. I dont know if the $15 million to Trinity United are included in that list. I wouldn't be surprised if you added up all these numbers theyd come out to be equal or more then Palins. None of these guys can really throw stones at eachother when it comes to pork spending.

http://answercenter.barackobama.com/cgi-bin/barackobama.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=172&p_created=1205426026&p_sid=TNlxoC-i&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSwxJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 02:32:04 pm by ecto »

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2008, 08:33:20 pm »
The difference being, 9000 people to something like 20,000.  Sure they've both spent money, but it goes more to HOW they spend it as opposed to how much.  With so many fewer people, Palin should have spent a lot less, especially for how rural her constituancy is.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2008, 10:28:40 am »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2008, 01:08:42 am »
In case some kind of tomfoolery goes down that prevents you from being able to vote, check out provisional ballots.  Might not make any difference, but if they tried to "purge" me for some bullshit reason, I'd cast a provisional one anyway.  To cause them extra trouble if nothing else~!

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2008, 08:56:50 am »
We all know it by now... Obama won the election, I'm just posting it here cause... I can.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #282 on: November 06, 2008, 12:01:16 am »
We baracked the vote amirite.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2008, 06:22:52 pm »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2009, 04:23:50 am »
This is Chuck Shumer. He doesn't think Americans care what goes into the stimulus bill.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw[/youtube]