Author Topic: Political Pigpin  (Read 183972 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: Political Pigpin
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2008, 11:17:34 pm »
This is the one I saw originally.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=NhmpsUMdTH8

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2008, 02:05:03 pm »
I figured theyd have something new as summer approaches. What you don't see behind that couch are their private jets.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »
I think it's a good way to get attention to an important matter though.  I know I certainly did a double take when I saw Sharpton and Pat Robertson sitting side by side for anything when I first saw the commercial. 

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2008, 08:27:27 pm »
At first I thought the Gingrich and pelosi one had been done with computers, then after a while I found it was really them. The thing that bugs me about these commercials is they act like "Climate Crisis" is fact. I'm all for saving the environment but nobody seem to remember a little something called "Global Cooling."
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2008, 03:13:44 pm »
The fact that the earth is getting warmer and ice is melting and all that isn't really debated much anymore.  Even the Bush administration is finally grudgingly admitting there's a problem.  And we have commercials like this now with both liberals and conservatives talking about it.  The biggest thing that's really still debated by some, and mostly still just in America, is whether it's man-made or not.  And I find it a bit hard to believe that we could pump billions of tons of crap into the atmosphere over decades and not expect consequences.  We already saw that we're capable of destroying the ozone layer.  That alone should have been proof enough to skeptics that man is indeed capable of altering the planet.

Despite any of that though, we pollute way too much.  There's lots of advantages to fixing that problem, regardless of any climate issues.  My town has its share of large factories, and the air here plain stinks sometimes (quite literally), and likely causes lots of respiratory problems for people with asthma and such.  It's just silly in my opinion not to try and reduce emissions now that we have the technology to do so, regardless of the climate problem.

Mage

• Veteran Lurker
« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2008, 03:16:29 am »
Personally, I'm of the 'Climate change is going to happen anyway, we just accelerated the process' crowd. And quite through caring, too. Let humanity go extinct, we'd do the world a big favor.
<INSERT PATHETIC ATTEMPT AT A WITTICISM HERE>

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2008, 03:19:47 am »
I agree that we can altar the planet. I’m not ready to blame everything on man kind just yet. The New York Times tried using the same scare tactics Al Gore likes to use to convince us Global warming is a threat when they were covering global cooling way back in 1895. They switched from cooling, to warming, then to cooling, as the temperature rose or lowered over a hundred year span. It wasn’t just New York Times either. Global Warming really isn't anything new.

Each newspaper that printed on it back then had their own apocalyptic predictions. Now if you’ve noticed we’ve gone from global warming to climate crisis in a matter of months.  I just cant buy this impending doom story from a man who received a D and C+ in “Natural Science.” I'm also not saying we shouldn't do anything to bring down the emissions, or fix the pollution either.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2008, 06:54:53 am »
I'm pretty sure Global warming is now a well proven fact, also that humans had a hand in this one, since the Earth constantly warms and cools over millions of years, the changes get more or less drastic, here's the thing, humanity is just seeing the beginning of it, if an ice age did kill the dinosaurs, then either we're heading for some hot/dry times, or aome really cold frigging times.  Either way, it's not for another million years or so, we'll all die of cancer first.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2008, 11:31:06 am »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2008, 01:54:41 pm »
This just made my day. How do you expect to run the country when you cant even work a simple coffee machine? Ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C9bkuJliMY

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #266 on: September 04, 2008, 02:18:11 pm »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2008, 10:35:51 am »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2008, 07:28:01 pm »
Fox News repeating 2004 all over again

This isn't exactly political, but I know some people accuse Dan Rather of being liberal and all that, so I reckon I'll put it here.  Anyway, Dan rips on modern media for pretty much just being after money instead of news these days.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:15:06 pm by FyberOptic »

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2008, 12:33:49 pm »
Despite any of that though, we pollute way too much.  There's lots of advantages to fixing that problem, regardless of any climate issues.  My town has its share of large factories, and the air here plain stinks sometimes (quite literally), and likely causes lots of respiratory problems for people with asthma and such.  It's just silly in my opinion not to try and reduce emissions now that we have the technology to do so, regardless of the climate problem.

This is what I've been trying to explain to people for a long time. Regardless of whether we're screwing up the environment, all the crap we put into the air can't be good. If we can get cleaner energy and be more environmentally friendly, where's the harm in doing it?
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.