Author Topic: Political Pigpin  (Read 186733 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: Political Pigpin
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2008, 11:59:43 am »
Separation of church and state?  Who needs it!  Let's just modify the constitution as we see fit to follow God's standards, says Huckafuck.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2008, 01:37:33 pm »
I think it's time to say chuck the huck.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Wizkid_15

• Cats are awsome!
« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2008, 08:24:20 am »
I agree :p
Me like Kitty Cats

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2008, 11:56:09 am »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0407/3601.html
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080121/film_nm/bush_stone_dc

A Bush movie being directed by Oliver Stone, involving Meryl Streep want us to believe it's going to be a fair project.The man is directing an Anti War commercial to be released during the superbowl. I could be wrong about this movie but I doubt it. This is coming from a guy who wanted to direct a film about Mahmoud Ahmajustahnud. I wouldn't be surprised if move on (Which was started by Hillary Clinton.) is involved with this one. 
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2008, 03:28:20 pm »
Well there's really only two ways to make a Bush movie, and neither of them would suit everyone.  Make it look like he's a total inept failure of a president (and a businessman for that matter), and people would say it's liberally-slanted.  Or make him look like a hero in the war on terror, and people would say it's conservatively-slanted.  Going by the article, it sounds like they'll try to be fair, but there will always be somebody crying bias.

From my most objective standpoint as possible, considering Bush's job approval rating is so low anyway, I believe lower than Nixon's and the lowest for any president ever at this point, I don't think many people would want to see anything that put him in a positive light as president, cause then it'd definately look slanted.  That'd be like making a movie about Nixon which makes him look like a swell guy.  Nobody'd really want to see that.

More importantly though, why the heck is anyone even making a movie about Bush when he's not even out of office yet?  Wait about 10 years, let history pronounce judgement, and make your movie then, when the subject can be seen from a complete perspective.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2008, 04:53:52 pm »
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23098129-401,00.html

While I don't always outright accept all political accusations from organizations, despite their claims of being non-profit or whatever else they may be, in this case I don't really doubt this too greatly.  I might contest the actual number, since who knows what things they're counting as lies.  But let's face it, everyone knows this administration is corrupt.  It's not a republican/democrat issue, it's about a bunch of people doing shady things who should be held accountable.  Unfortunately, they've granted themselves immunity on so many issues (big surprise) that it may never happen.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2008, 03:40:48 pm »
With Edwards out, and the three Republicans being liberals in disguise this has become one difficult election. Is anyone switching sides, voting for the lesser of two evils, or just sitting this one out?

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2008, 04:38:25 pm »
As far as Hillary vs Barack goes, I'd probably pick the latter.  Between Ron Paul/Huckabee/Romney/McCain, that's pretty much a no-brainer for me.  Ron Paul has no chance, so one is left with McCain.  Huckabee is a religous hypocrite playing to the bible crowd, so there's no way I'd vote for him.  Romney is basically nothing but a pretty-boy, who'd act sweet to your face and then stab your back.

When it comes to McCain vs Barack though, I don't think I'd vote Republican.  McCain acknowledges climate change and wants to fix it, but he's also for staying in this war forever which I think is crazy.  We need to be dealing with our own problems right now instead of policing the world, and I think just about any Republican we'd elect, short of Ron Paul, is going to continue Bush's current policies as far as the middle east goes.  We can't afford this shit right now, quite simply.

Also, how about Romney's plan for dealing with illegal immigrants?  We let them know they're going to be exported, and give them like 30-90 days to get their affairs straightened out.  If they have kids in school, we let them finish the school year.  And maybe even stay for extended periods for some circumstances.  Cause I mean, I'm sure people who have already snuck into this country illegally and are good at hiding aren't just going to drift off into the woodwork again as soon as they know they could be sent back, am I right?  -o-;;;;  We already have a decent policy for dealing with illegals.  We ship them back when we find them, which is usually when they've done something wrong to get caught in the first place.

But yeah I digress.  In a nutshell, economy is shit, stop spending money to fix other countries we're blowing up and use it to fix our own.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2008, 05:49:38 pm »
I found a really good link. http://www.votechooser.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2YJ-_jos This just cracked me up the other day.

I wonder if Susan Storm does Romney's hair? I cant support a Republican who doesn't believe in the second ammendment, yet owns a gun? Hypocracy much?What's up with that?

Mc Cain, well what can I say other then Hell No. He's being endorsed by Leiberman who is the reason why I became a Republican in the first place.He cant even say the word z visa anymore, much less explain what it is which was his favorite topic last summer.

As far as fuckabee goes,I don't know... Like I said this is a real tough election. Huckabees a nut, and I don't think he'll last after super tuesday, Ron Paul will be done. Huckabee only has one liberal backing him (That I know of) so i'll give him that much. I'm voting, who I don't know yet.  ???

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 06:34:37 pm by ecto »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2008, 07:19:34 pm »
lol I forgot to link this earlier

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/01/coulter-wants-clinton-over-mccain/

Ann Coulter tries so hard to get attention by smearing people even on her own side.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2008, 12:03:29 am »
Fox News is at it again.  They love to "accidentally" label Republicans that they don't like as Democrats, and now it's McCain's turn.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #251 on: February 12, 2008, 07:16:21 pm »
Hooray for shitty government.  The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act revision was passed, allowing more warrantless spying, as well as retroactive immunity to the telecoms for letting the government do it.  McCain voted for it, Obama voted against it, and Hillary didn't even show up.  Where my vote will go gets clearer and clearer.

Mage

• Veteran Lurker
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2008, 02:22:37 am »
Down the toilet, you mean?
<INSERT PATHETIC ATTEMPT AT A WITTICISM HERE>

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2008, 10:04:57 pm »
I think this time I'm going vote Pete Rose.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2008, 09:42:25 pm »
Topic revival. I officially want to throw up now.
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154