Author Topic: Political Pigpin  (Read 184057 times)

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
Re: Political Pigpin
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 07:13:13 pm »
I am very happy about the result of this midterm election. Everything hangs on Virginia now, to see whether or not the Macacans Democrats will control the Senate as well as the House. If they do, then "Geogre" will be a lame duck for his last two years...!

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 07:39:23 pm »
Id like to see the Republicans win this one. I don't think we should be in Iraq right now but to pull the troops out would be a big mistake. The 2814 troops that died fighting over there will have died for nothing if terrorists and extremists regain control. They wont just simply "go away" when were gone. I still have yet to hear anything about the Democrats plan for Iraq except for give a timeline. 
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Sino

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 07:44:09 pm »
I think you are missing the point that PROX IS BACK HOLY SHIT.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 08:00:00 pm »
He was gone? Also I found this video that I thought was quite funny. I didn't know whether or not to post this in the regular link section or here. Since it's a politicall subject I posted it here. http://www.braxtanfilm.com/iavp.html
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 10:31:43 pm »
The news is saying the dems took the senate now too.  So perhaps it's appropriate to link to some funny "IN UR BASE" parodies! 

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/11/08/pelosi_im_in_ur_hous.html

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 04:56:46 pm »
The 2814 troops that died fighting over there will have died for nothing if terrorists and extremists regain control. 

In economic theory, that's called the sunk-cost fallacy. It's when resources are lost in a certain action without achieving a desired effect, and it is thought that the action must be continued solely because of the resources already lost. It happened in the Vietnam war, but even though we stayed the course and lost 60,000 soldiers, we still lost the war.

In addition, Nancy Pelosi does not want to impeach good old Chimpy McFlightsuit, nor do any of the other new democrats in Congress. They're too smart for that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 07:14:16 pm by Prox »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2006, 12:56:21 am »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 11:34:17 am »
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 03:22:02 pm by FyberOptic »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 08:36:25 pm »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 08:48:40 pm »
You can watch Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" on the web for the moment, it would seem!  Here's part 1 and part 2.  Who knows how long this'll last, and despite the aspect ratio being a bit messed up (making it look stretched vertically), it's still a good movie which some of you might find interesting.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2006, 10:36:29 pm »

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2006, 03:02:55 pm »
16 minute trailer of "Freedom to Fascism", covering a few topics such as why we pay taxes, the degredation of our money's worth, implementation of RFID, etc.  Overall, I give it a big "HMM" without seeing more proof myself, but all in all, I'd consider these all rather nonpartisan issues so it should be of interest to all. 

And here's the full version if you're interested in it.  I have yet to watch it though.

EDIT:  Having watched it, I can say it was certainly interesting.  It gets a bit conspiracy theorist towards the end since I don't know what to believe on some of the things, like the North American Union, but who knows, really.

EDIT2:  Here's some contradictory sites in reference to the paying of income tax:  one, and two.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:37:51 am by FyberOptic »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 01:37:48 pm »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 02:59:39 am »
The HotOrNot.com people are raising money to donate copies of "An Inconvenient Truth" to teachers who request it, because of the red tape and agendas blocking it so far, and even donated a large sum themselves towards the goal.