Author Topic: Wii-Day  (Read 5917 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Wii-Day
« on: September 14, 2006, 11:09:17 am »
I haven't posted any good Nintendo news ever since E3, but let's face it, nothing good happened till today!  At Nintendo's press conference, we got all the info we've been waiting for:

"The worldwide debut of the Wii system happens right here in the Americas -- the same place where we debuted Nintendo DS. On November 19, it will be available at more than 25,000 points of distribution across the Americas. And with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $249.99. One price. One configuration. One color."

You also get the sensor bar, one Wii remote, one nunchuck controller, and Wii Sports, which contains golf, baseball, bowling, and boxing games.  Who knows how good those are in particular, but hey, it's a free game, so you can't complain.  Not to mention, Zelda will be a launch title.  Plus, all games will be about ten bucks cheaper than the competition.

The downside though is that extra Wii remotes will be about $40, which is a bit much for a controller, and you don't even get a nunchuck with that, which would be another $20.  I know that nobody else comes with more than one controller these days either, but geeze, one of the big points of the Wii is multiplayer, but you'll be dishing out nearly $200 just to have enough controllers for your typical 4-player action.

As for how good the console really is, well, I guess we'll be finding out from folks on November 19th!

UPDATE 1:  Wii.com went online.

UPDATE 2:  And some local news as well, with The ProtoType Avenger, episode 25.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:41:22 pm by FyberOptic »