Author Topic: 4chan UserJS Script  (Read 57769 times)

wanon

Re: 4chan UserJS Script
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:11:22 am »
I fucking love you have my babies please

Oh btw I was really wondering if there is a way to do the watch thread function like in firefox?:( I am quite in need of that because I am often lost

yes opening tabs work but with 15 pages now and me doing other stuffs I really would appreciate it
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:33:13 am by wanon »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:17:51 pm »
Hey, and welcome!  

A while back I actually started work on a way to store more data other than with a browser cookie so that I could implement a thread watch, but I ended up being distracted by other things and never got back to it.  But it seems entirely possible based on last I messed around with it, so it's just a matter of getting back into updating it.  Usually it took 4chan doing a site update which broke something in the script, prompting me to go ahead and update other features as well, but they surprisingly haven't broken anything in a while!

wanon

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 11:38:25 pm »
Hello good sir I know this isn't tech support but I really have a problem

now you see since I upgraded to this shit called opera turbo the JS wont work anymore :(

Can you please see into this?:(

So I already got this opera 10.00 alpha but then I upgraded to opera turbo(that is 10.00 1) and yeah the js won't really work

probably because of opera's anal philosophy amirite?:(

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 01:09:54 am »
Sometimes things in those alphas break stuff and get fixed later, and other times they change or improve things which still ends up breaking stuff.  Either way I'll have to download it when I get a chance and see what's up!

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 11:21:50 pm »
I haven't been using Opera or even 4chan much lately.  But today I realized that the Fychan script had a bug with Opera 10: the page navigation bar was missing.  I was kind of surprised nobody emailed to tell me, but no biggy.  It was a minor fix.  However, there's a bunch of other modifications under the hood which I made to the script a while back, so they're in this update as well.

Since this is page 2 of the thread, I'll give a link again:  http://www.fybertech.com/userjs/fychan.js

Hyde

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 08:10:02 am »
First of all, Thank you very much!
Now, the quick replay function is broken in Opera 10.5, can you fix it please?

boon

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 10:44:15 am »
stuff semi broke again, i'm running opera 10.10 and i just got the latest fychan.js just to be sure. 1.1
the next/previous buttons don't work
overall damn good script, been using it forever.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 12:53:06 pm »
First of all, Thank you very much!
Now, the quick replay function is broken in Opera 10.5, can you fix it please?

Well, I'm using Opera 10.10, and didn't notice any problem with the quick-replying.  However, I did notice a problem with the return-to-thread functionality, which you may have been referring to.  I can't say for sure unless you elaborate on the problem you had.  But in any case, I did fix the return-to-thread code. 

stuff semi broke again, i'm running opera 10.10 and i just got the latest fychan.js just to be sure. 1.1
the next/previous buttons don't work
overall damn good script, been using it forever.

Buttons are now fixed.  And thanks for the kind words!

Both of these problems were due to 4chan updating their html, which happens once in a while.  Hopefully the changes I made will allow it to adapt a bit more easily in case they do so again, but I suppose we'll see when/if they update further.  In any case, if anything breaks again, just let me know.  I don't go there every day so I'll trust others to report any problems when they pop up.

boon

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »
wow that was fast response.

yeah i remember notifying you wayyyy previously and i didn't know if i had an account to post but i guess i did.
also nice to know fychan works in chrome too.  i gotta try that.

DarkHaunter

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 04:08:57 pm »
Hi there,

Just wanted to ask if for some reason you've missed my e-mails (and messages in the Opera Community thread), or you're not interested in the improvements I've done to the script? I see you mentioned that you don't use Opera and browse 4chan lately, however I'm interested in further improving fychan. Have a look here: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/findpost.pl?id=3543721

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 08:37:22 pm »
Hi there,

Just wanted to ask if for some reason you've missed my e-mails (and messages in the Opera Community thread), or you're not interested in the improvements I've done to the script? I see you mentioned that you don't use Opera and browse 4chan lately, however I'm interested in further improving fychan. Have a look here: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/findpost.pl?id=3543721

Your email got lost in the mix, actually, but I do see it now.  And I haven't thought to check the Opera thread in ages.  I thought I was subscribed to it for updates, but apparently not anymore!  Glad you posted here to bring it to my attention.

I am using Opera lately though, and still browse 4chan occasionally when not involving myself in other things/projects.  It's not so much that I'm disinterested in updating the script, since I still maintain it to ensure it works.  It's just that Fychan pretty much just came to be as a result of features I wanted for the site, and whenever I come across the need for something else, I add that in as well.  For example, I don't go to /b/ much anymore (mostly like r9k, wg, and g) so I personally haven't had to deal with thread bombs or anything very much these days. 

That said, I've taken a peek at your code and tried out your latest version of the script.  I can't test the thread bomb prevention at the moment, obviously.  But I do think it and the other two additions are interesting.  I personally like to see saged posts as well as everything else, so I wouldn't use that one myself, though I'm sure others would feel the same as you about it.  But I can see how hiding small images would be handy, particularly in the case of spam.  And shrinking the performance info header is nice. 

Since you seem eager to introduce new features, then you're more than welcome to continue maintaining a patch and/or alternate edition, since you likely to visit 4chan more often than me (particularly, sections I don't frequent), and seem to have the skills to implement things you'd find handy.  And I certainly appreciate you simply modifying the script header to include yourself and not just ripping it off or anything. 

I don't know if I'll ever merge anything from them together, but I'll likely still continue to maintain my own version as I've been.  Mostly fixes, but once in a while the urge to update it with a feature strikes, so who knows!

DarkHaunter

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 08:40:04 pm »
Thank you for the reply :) I'm actually adding a few more features at the moment, and going to keep maintaining my own mod in the Opera Community thread - but feel free to merge back in whatever you like.

boon

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 12:47:35 pm »
opera 10.50 is in beta2 now and its looking really damn sexy, it looks like chrome now and it has finally enabled some things like tab view in the task bar like ie.  also a thinner and lower profile tab and top bar, makes it nice for netbooks.  anyway im using opera 10.50 right now and fychan is mostly working except the next button doesnt work anymore.  it does work fine in 10.1 so its probably the beta or something in 10.50 doing it.  just to let you know.

http://a.imouto.org/boon/watisdis/slick_opera.png
link is a screenshot basically.  extra slick imo

Psykorps

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 02:52:34 pm »
Hello
First, let me thank you for your effort, you've made browsing 4chan a lot better ;D

but there is one thing
I've installed Opera 10.50 final version, and the script hasnt been working correctly ever since.

In thread image expansion is not working properly - whenever I want to expand an image, the browser automatically scrolls to the end of the page

quoting function isnt working either, whenever I click on a post to reply to, the reply window pops up, but there is no >>post#

also, automatic return to thread/noko isnt working too

these are the only problems that I've been dealing with since the release of 10.50

Suggestion: How about adding a feature like backwash to fychan? In my opinion this is the only feature fychan is missing to be a one complete script

Thank you for your patience and support
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 04:09:43 pm by Psykorps »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »
Hiya Psykorps, welcome to the forums, and thanks for the compliments!

I'm glad you pointed out all of the things that are wrong, because from first glance I had only noticed a couple of them myself when I checked the other day.  I'd been told of some problems people had with the Opera beta, but as I learned with the Opera 10.0 beta, sometimes those things are fixed and aren't a problem anymore in the final.  I guess that's not so this time!

The return-to-thread feature has actually been acting up for me for a while now, ever since 4chan updated some of their code.  I tried making an update before, and then again recently just for that.  But then it seems it broke again, and only worked when replying to a thread rather than posting a new one.  It might be totally broken now for all I know.

Anyhoo, I'll dig through it when I can and see if I can get those problems ironed out.  As for backwash, I've never used it myself, but I can see how it might be neat.  Might be worth trying to implement something similar one day.