Author Topic: Fybrary  (Read 54315 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Fybrary
« on: January 06, 2006, 11:57:47 am »
I never really announced this area of the site since there's really not much of anything in it yet.  Folks from the Labs days might have already read those two articles I already put in it. 

BUTTTT here's where you come in.  If you've got an article, or a story, poem, any sort of writery really, then post it up here or wherever and I'll give it a lookover for consideration of getting up in the Fybrary index.

magus

Re: Fybrary
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:30:39 pm »
What if its a song we wrote?

Red_Raven

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 11:03:27 pm »
A Mysto Moment

[01:00] <Ciono> So Mysto, Hows the 16-bit gimrick sprite sheet coming along?
[01:00] <Mysto> What?
[01:01] <Ciono> You know, the ones that you said you were working on for me?
[01:01] <Mysto> ...
[01:01] <Mysto> Oh you mean those sprtes I made that look like a...
[01:02] <Ciono> Look like a what?
[01:02] <Mysto> Er, nothing.
[01:02] <Ciono> Tell me.
[01:02] <Mysto> Well, they kind look like well, like a Emu...
[01:03] <Ciono> Whats an Emu?
*Mysto backs away, walks out the door*

Red_Raven

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 11:06:43 pm »
Well, if you decide to put that up, I call those "A Mysto Moment" Basically little skits done in a chat room form, theyll get funnier as i go, i just have to write it out first.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 11:18:36 pm »
What if its a song we wrote?

I don't see how that prevents you from posting any element of the song here in this topic.

Well, if you decide to put that up, I call those "A Mysto Moment" Basically little skits done in a chat room form, theyll get funnier as i go, i just have to write it out first.

Keep it up.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 11:25:02 pm »
A Mysto Moment

[01:00] <Ciono> So Mysto, Hows the 16-bit gimrick sprite sheet coming along?
[01:00] <Mysto> What?
[01:01] <Ciono> You know, the ones that you said you were working on for me?
[01:01] <Mysto> ...
[01:01] <Mysto> Oh you mean those sprtes I made that look like a...
[01:02] <Ciono> Look like a what?
[01:02] <Mysto> Er, nothing.
[01:02] <Ciono> Tell me.
[01:02] <Mysto> Well, they kind look like well, like a Emu...
[01:03] <Ciono> Whats an Emu?
*Mysto backs away, walks out the door*

Sorry, I don't find that funny at all. It might be funny if it actually happened, but I don't think it did, and if it did then you can just post it in the Fast Times at Fybertech.

Red_Raven

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 11:27:22 pm »
Yeah, but I dont dont know anyother way to put it. Hmm... I'll think of something

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 11:32:41 pm »
That's just more the kind of thing we'd put in the chat quotes topic over there, really.  I'm talking about "real" writings, for lack of a better word for it.  You suggested a spriting guide in PM to me, for example; that's more like the kind of thing I'd want to see in there.

Red_Raven

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 11:34:15 pm »
Ok, ill get to work on it.

Red_Raven

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 11:51:46 pm »
8-bit spriting guide.

For those of you who are just learning how to make sprites or recoloring them, heres a guide on hows its done. This chapter will tell you what a sprite is and the basics of recoloring.

A sprite is a character made out of pixels. (Some are custom, some are taken from games) Its a form of artwork that most people use to make "Sprite Comics". Most people that are new to spriting start with recoloring which is were we begin this chapter.

Recoloring
First off, find a sprite there your comfortabale using. Take a megaman sprite for example. Second, the 8-bit megaman sprite has two main colors. Blue and sky Blue. Choose one color and click on the paint bucket tool. Carefully, click on all the blue spots on the sprite until every bit of blue is now the color of your choosing. Then, choose another color, try not to pick a color too close to your first one or people will have a hard time making out certain parts of the sprite. Once again, click the paint bucket tool and carefully turn all the sky blue pieces into the color of your choosing. Once you have mastered this chapter, you will have sucessfully recolored a sprite.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 11:58:25 pm by Mysto »

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 11:55:17 pm »
That's too short, there are spelling and grammar errors, and quit double posting you can just modify your posts..
Its a form f artwork

Red_Raven

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 12:00:16 am »
I fixed the mistakes but length has nothing to do with it, this page is meant to help people get the basics of recoloring, not to give a long lecture that no one understands. The next chapters gonna be on editing.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 12:13:05 am by Mysto »

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 12:37:56 am »
I suggest having a certain personalized technique with your guide. I mean, any beginning spriter is going to already know how to use the Paint Bucket tool.

Red_Raven

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 03:02:37 pm »
8-bit spriting guide.

For those of you who are just learning how to make sprites or recoloring them, heres a guide on hows its done. This chapter will tell you what a sprite is and the basics of recoloring.

A sprite is a character made out of pixels. (Some are custom, some are taken from games) Its a form of artwork that most people use to make "Sprite Comics". Most people that are new to spriting start with recoloring which is were we begin this chapter. Most commom though, you can use MS Paint or if you have it, Photoshop/Imageready

Chapter 1
Recoloring
First off, find a sprite there your comfortabale using. Take a megaman sprite for example. Second, the 8-bit megaman sprite has two main colors. Blue and sky Blue. Choose one color and click on the paint bucket tool. Carefully, click on all the blue spots on the sprite until every bit of blue is now the color of your choosing. Then, choose another color, try not to pick a color too close to your first one or people will have a hard time making out certain parts of the sprite. Once again, click the paint bucket tool and carefully turn all the sky blue pieces into the color of your choosing. Once you have mastered this chapter, you will have sucessfully recolored a sprite.

Chapter 2
Editing
Now continuing from your recolored sprite (using an 8-bit megaman sprite for example) You are now ready to "edit" your sprite. Editing is meant to make this sprite your own. First, start from the head and work your way down. Starting at the head, use the pencil tool to remove the design of the helmet of the megaman sprite. Then think of a design you like and pencil it on the helmet. Or you can give him hair. Now on to the torso, If you want to, to can add armor or some other thing to the torso, or you can leave it like it is, the same goes for the legs and arms.

Chapter 3
Customizing
Now You are ready to customize your own sprite if you want to. To start, pick a bright color and use the pencil tool to make your outline. Once that is completed use the pencil tool to make the lines to seperate the foot from the leg or the hand from the arm so people can tell the hand from the arm or the leg from the foot. Then draw a line between the pants and the shirt. Then choose another bright color and paint bucket the spots that you want with that color. Then choose another bright color and again paint bucket in the the other spots. Once thats done, pick the color black and paint bucket the out line until its black. Then pick any color you want and go over one of the bright colors with the color you have chosen. Then repeat this step with the other bright color. As for the head, most people base it off a game sprite. Then they edit it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 03:34:22 pm by Mysto »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 03:52:33 pm »
Good tutorial but you forgot to include the mets sprite you used to edit from.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.