Author Topic: Goldeneye: Source  (Read 8703 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Goldeneye: Source
« on: December 25, 2005, 03:23:23 am »
Welp, I admit I never thought it would exist in any form, but I've been proven wrong.  As promised, alpha 1 of Goldeneye: Source has been released, on Christmas day.  I gave it a swing, and you can tell it's still early in development, but there's 4 stages to play on, and a smattering of weapons, so it appears they've put a lot of work into it. 

The stages are pretty accurate, using the maps from the multiplayer mode, and even add some extra places into them here and there.  They may also be accurate to the original blueprints used in the movie, because in the Facility I noticed the cafeteria area, which you don't see in the game, but totally exists in the movie (even though the game itself was also supposedly based off of blueprints, though I guess for memory reasons they cut stuff out).  Since you never got to play on the second half of the Facility in mutiplayer on the N64, one of the stages is in fact this area, with lots of extra places to run around in as well.  The gas canisters in the back room are also seperated as they were in the movie, instead of just being huge tall cylinders.

I'd post some screenshots, but it's late, and it froze up when I tried to join an online game, so I'll do it tomorrow sometime.  In the meantime, you can download it yourself if you've got Half-Life 2.  Just find a download mirror at http://goldeneyesource.com/ .

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
Re: Goldeneye: Source
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 09:27:49 am »
Wait is it the N64 version or the sucky consule version?

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 10:43:16 am »
This remake is of the only one worth mentioning, for N64.  That newer Goldeneye is just some run of the mill fps with the Goldeneye name on it.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 02:59:35 am »
So the beta is out after a couple days delay, and most people say it's fun, but riddled with bugs and flaws.  I have yet to try it, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has messed with it and has any thoughts.