Author Topic: Garo  (Read 12599 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Garo
« on: October 23, 2005, 12:18:39 am »
I was going through the list of torrents over at TV-Nihon and found a new show in the list called Garo.  I couldn't find much about it on the internet since "garo" seems to be a common word for "gallery".  But I got the basic gist that it was a live-action samurai show.  I figured what the heck and downloaded the first episode, and I have to say, it's a lot better than I figured it would be.  The action is Matrix-esque but without actually ripping off Matrix moves which so many shows do.  And it can be somewhat violent action at times as well, considering the good guy has a sword and all.  Speaking of, LET'S HAVE A LOOK AT OUR HERO~

You have to admit, he has one of the coolest outfits of all time.  It's actual metal from the look of it.  This results in some scenes being done in CG, since I don't think he'd be as mobile as one would hope in all of that, but he still manages to look cool even when just standing still.  But especially when fighting bad stuff.  Such as . . !

Again, mostly CG rendered, but some of it is done in costume.  Rather good looking baddies as well.  Who were after, of course:

The expected cute yet helpless Japanese girl.  It would seem she'll be a recurring character.  I don't want to spoil anything though, otherwise I'd elaborate on how all this fits together.  Basically though, she's a painter, and the title means "gallery", so I guess that has something to do with it all.

I'm getting the second episode now.  It'll be interesting to see how this series goes, as they haven't revealed a whole lot about what's even going on yet.  HOPEFULLY IT WON'T BE DUMB?  But if it's anything like this episode, it has promise.

You can find the torrents at TV-Nihon, the awesome guys who sub Super Sentai, Sailor Moon, and Densha Otoko, along with tons of other stuff I'm probably not interested in.  Thus concludes this teaser preview! 

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
Re: Garo
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 12:40:12 am »
Yeah, Fyber's not interested in these torrents at all. He just dowloads almost every one, or at least one episode of each new series.

P.S. The dude is fucking skeletor (as seen on the right, from the live action Heman movie).

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 01:32:25 am »
lol I had almost forgotten about that movie.  His staff actually reminds me of the ones the Magirangers use in their super modes.  Except theirs have a rotary-style phone dialer thing on'em for casting different level spells.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 05:46:47 am »
* Vito bumps for great justice

So yeah I just finished Garo, and all I have to say is that the show is 25 episodes of awesome. If you dig action at all, you should totally check the show out. Some fight scenes just make you go HOLY CRAP because they do stuff that is just so cool. The story is also very good throwing in a few things I didn't really see coming, but also throwing in some that I did. Overall, this is probably one of the best shows I've watched in a long time, definately one of the best toku. If you anime like Bleach, Ruroni Kenshin, or anything else involving swords, watch this show. I'd say also torrent or direct download it if you can since high quality video makes the show better, but if you can't you can watch all epsiodes on Youtube like me.

ahnna

• Sasuke Uchiha
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 08:08:58 pm »
movie