Author Topic: Later EB Games  (Read 25154 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Later EB Games
« on: October 04, 2005, 11:12:08 am »
GameStop Corp. said today it had successfully completed an offering to the investment community that raised $950 million aggregate principal via Senior Float Rate Notes and Senior Notes. The proceeds will be used to pay the cash portion of the merger consideration, or cost, to acquire Electronics Boutique Holdings Corp. The two companies announced a merger in April 2005. The transaction is still subject to stockholder approval, which is scheduled to take place in a joint shareholder meeting on October 6, 2005.

I guess this will soon be the end for one of the last decent video game stores, now that CrapStop is getting ahold of them.  It's a shame, really.  Bluejay used to work at GameStop and told me once their plan was to phase out all computer games from their store.   I thought he was nuts, since people buy lots of computer games all the time, but I'll be damned if I didn't walk into GameStop the other day and find that they removed their PC game area.  That's like when G4 bought TechTV then removed all the tech.  What kind of dumbert came up with this idea?

Possibly it's the same one who decided to sell used games at roughly two dollars less than the price of a new copy.  PURE BRILLIANCE I TELL YA.

Anyways it's a shame, but I guess GameStop will drive EB Games into the ground now.  We'll all end up going to like Sears or something to buy PC games.

Sino

Re: Later EB Games
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 12:06:54 pm »
This stuff is old news, really. But say goodbye to EB Games carrying old games.

Joefus

• Click Out Field Commander
  • Heehehe
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 03:44:58 pm »
I allways put EB Games and Game Stop at about the same level as far as selling games go.  So I wont terribly miss EB Games, not that there's one around here for me to miss.

Also my Game Stop still carries PC games, but not many.  All they mainly carry are used PS2 and Game Boy games.  And they have the genius idea to mix the new and used games together so you can't tell where anything is.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 06:43:43 pm »
So are there even any good places left out there that only sells games?  Cause if there is, I don't think we have'em around here.

Joefus

• Heehehe
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 07:08:56 pm »
No game exclusive stores come to mind.  I usually shop target, cause they have an unusually good selection of games and usually have lots of sales on new releases.  I reserve Game Stop for finding those rare games that can't be bought anywhere else.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 09:17:31 pm »
I lost love for EB when my local one took out the used NES and Gameboy(OLD ONES) games section. I almost had a copy of Metroid!
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 09:29:33 pm »
I got a copy. They have both those companies out in atlanta, I think I shopped at gamestop once.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 10:05:54 pm »
Gamestop.... don't get me started on those crotch monkies, though now that they own EB I can't buy games, I refuse to give them another dime of my money.  I hope they all choke on their reserve slips and die.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Joefus

• Heehehe
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 07:41:19 am »
Mr.Bluejay would like to reserve Final Fantasy XVIIC it's only $5 and we'll charge you 10% more than every other store when the game comes out int 20 years.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 09:21:08 am »
*becomes raving lumnatic, tears salespersons throat out* No!
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 11:00:43 am »
W-would you like a subscription to Game Informer magazine to go with that, sir?

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 02:06:57 pm »
*bites off salespersons head* No!

Sino

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 06:09:59 pm »
WOULD YOU LIKE SPECAIL 0.10 PERCENT OFF CARD~

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 06:50:02 pm »
*howls with rage, then just goes to Preplayed

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 07:13:48 pm »
No more comp games at EB games, those monsters! Now how am going to buy Starcraft or Warcraft 3:The Frozen Throne! Why would they do that???? Probally so they can piss the %$@# out of us so we go bash their heads in with 2x4s!!!!!!!! Death to them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( BeZeRkEr!!!!!!!!!! RAGH!!1 "Grabs battle axe" Come brohas and sistas!!! Rise up!!! Make those bastards repent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!