Author Topic: City of Heroes  (Read 51636 times)

DracoLord Haven X

• Do ya feel lucky, punk?
City of Heroes
« on: October 03, 2005, 08:06:05 pm »
One of my favorite pastimes involves beating up the homeless, under suspicsion that they're guilty of something. Which is prolly true, since they all have pistols nowindays. However, as you get higher level, it's not 'ethic' to protect our streets from them. So I had to search out new prey in an area called 'Founder's Falls'

Here, I found a real, real large damn robot. One that should, by all rights, not be here. However, since it was classified as 'Giant Monster', it means everyone can attack it from 1-50, and damage will be adjusted due to the persons levels. The only downside is that you'd need 20 or so heroes to help take it down.

I wasn't too much help, even though I was wearing my sexy tuxedo costume with the glowy star effect to make me look famous. For some reason, swords from the middle ages can't quite damage giant metal robots. That, and the fact that I didn't want to die, I decided to scream for some help. We gathered a large amount of heroes, and this battle started. Here is an epic display of fireworks, murder, and all around fighting and loose teamwork.
Come here son, and let me tell you about the time I walked across the Atlantic Ocean and broke Soviet Russia over my knee.

DracoLord Haven X

Re: City of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 08:08:20 pm »
After about 5-10 minutes of serious fighting, he finally fell over and died. I was so excited about this, that I decided to read a newspaper.
Come here son, and let me tell you about the time I walked across the Atlantic Ocean and broke Soviet Russia over my knee.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 08:09:44 pm »
You keep it distracted and I'll infect with a Fybertech virus . . !

aww nevermind, I just noticed you posted another picture and it's deader.

DracoLord Haven X

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 08:45:07 pm »
Thinking of you, Fyber, gave me the strength to stab it over and over again without dying.

I came real close one time, when he stepped on me. I got 1000 something HP, the step did 762 damage. Luckily for me, though, his large beam cannon never hit me. <3 super reflexes

Gameboy

• Courtney R. is hot!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 09:12:04 pm »
Hey, let me try! ;D
'_' Me like Gameboy.

DracoLord Haven X

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 11:32:44 am »
Of course, it isn't just super fighting robots in City of Heroes. There is also quite a lot of magic crime, which makes me wonder why nobody has just nuked the city into the ground and started from scratch.

Of course, then you have to go outside the city at times, and face down armies of demons and cultists!!11! But in the end, I was the victor.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 10:44:31 pm by DracoLord_Haven_X »

DracoLord Haven X

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 12:20:34 am »
My boyfiernd Tank Swiper

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 12:23:42 am »
HOLY ROBOT JESUS, BATMAN!
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

DracoLord Haven X

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 12:33:31 am »
Also, this is possibly the best status effect I ever had.

DracoLord Haven X

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 08:39:51 pm »
* DracoLord_Haven_X just won't stop.

You can't really tell, and really, I didn't notice this until I got up in his face and took the screenshot, but the Warhulk seems to have a dead, charred body sitting/floating inside of it. Quite freaky looking.

DracoLord Haven X

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 12:54:02 am »
Here we go. Of course, most Red Caps aren't this large. These are just the strongest of them, and also the biggest. The smaller ones are also tough, but can't be seen as easy in a screenshot.

DracoLord Haven X

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 01:36:23 am »
I went into the sewers to try and defeat the Hydra. I failed, but I got to keep a nice little present from the place.

I'll have more pictures from the failed sewer coup later.

IceTyger

• Internet Anthropologist
  • I'VE GOT LIKE FIFTY PICTURES LIKE THIS
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 02:53:35 am »
I didn't do all that much awesomeness when I played, but maybe I can fish out a shot of my character, Rick Hardcore...

Ahh, here we are. I had a little rave in a dumpster before I logged off. That was a long time ago, but I think my friends are still playing.
tightly hold your hand
take a deep breath
give them the finger
are you worried that your thoughts are not quite clear

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 11:43:13 am »
Greatest hero ever!!
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

DracoLord Haven X

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 12:10:23 am »
Seriously, I got something to look forward to now.

Also, Ice, where you been? Haven't seen you on chat or AIM or anything.