Author Topic: /throwninstalled  (Read 26406 times)

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
Re: /throwninstalled
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 07:01:23 am »
Yeah, I bought the anniversary collection of mega man games. I have yet to beat Mega Man 2.
I have yet to beat Mega Man 1.

IceTyger

• Internet Anthropologist
  • I'VE GOT LIKE FIFTY PICTURES LIKE THIS
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 01:12:16 pm »
I hated Need For Speed Underground so bad, I wielded my Wavebird like a club and bashed it against the TV until the colors acted funny and my Wavebird was non-operational. It's nice how the arcade down the street got an arcade version of the same shitty game, specifically for me to hate since it's so close to the DDR machines~
tightly hold your hand
take a deep breath
give them the finger
are you worried that your thoughts are not quite clear

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 01:16:50 pm »
lol that's the same game I've heard my younger brother bitching pretty hard about at times.  But he larves the racing games.

IceTyger

• Internet Anthropologist
  • I'VE GOT LIKE FIFTY PICTURES LIKE THIS
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 01:53:21 pm »
Yeah, it's a pretty shitty game. There's always cross-traffic, and it's always in your way, and you have to restart a race fifty times to actually not crash and flip in the air eighty times and lose ten seconds or so against the lead car. Fucking annoying shit.

Now, when it comes to racing games that put you in the middle of the highway and have you race, I'd say Burnout 3 and Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 are the fucking kings of this. In Wangan you just take a pretty big speed hit, nothing too serious, if you hit some traffic, and in Burnout you actually get points for wreckin' shit. It might be unrealistic and all, but shit, it's better than the car flipping eighty times, bouncing all about the road, all the while not taking damage at all on NFSU. And since when did I give a damn about realism?

My point is, it's all about the race. Anything that doesn't facilitate the awesomeness of the race doesn't really need to be in there.
tightly hold your hand
take a deep breath
give them the finger
are you worried that your thoughts are not quite clear

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 01:59:01 pm »
That's my thing with racing games.  If I want true hardcore racing, I don't want traffic stuck in the way.  It's hard enough to concentrate on the track and opponents without some car randomly t-boning you, or pulling in the way just enough that you have to pull some crazy turn and then still crash, and you saw it all about to happen a whole second ahead of time but knew you were boned, making it suck even more . . !  However, traffic makes for a fun time when it's less serious racing, where the emphasis is more on tearing shit up.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 02:43:14 pm »
I know there's some racing game coming out for the Xbox360 where you get the option to rewind if you crash, but you have blow up other cars with your missiles and guns to fill the rewind meter or something. Sounds fun, but I don't plan on buying a 360.

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 10:38:49 am »
I really, REALLY hate Superman64. I played it once when I was young, I havent been the same since. I still have nightmares

Sino

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 08:53:28 pm »
I /throwinstall Ikuraga all day, everyday.

God, I suck at those games but I cant stop playing them.

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2005, 06:37:37 am »
I have Skykid for the NES. It's very hard. That's not what makes me mad. What makes me mad is that it won't work anymore, so I can't play it.