"see above"

Nintendo Revolution
15 (88.2%)
PS3
1 (5.9%)
X-Box 360
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: What next gen console are you looking foward to  (Read 102163 times)

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: What next gen console are you looking foward to
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2005, 10:06:36 pm »
I gotta go with Vito on this one.  Much as I'd live Nintendo to make a huge comeback, Microsoft will pick up any slack dropped by Sony first.  Trust me, when I sold the things I was always trying to talk people into getting Gamecube... because they only ever asked "What would you get PS2 or X-Box" like GC didn't exist.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Joefus

• Click Out Field Commander
  • Heehehe
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2005, 10:51:59 pm »
The problem with Kids and really everybody is that they only care about their image.  Sony and Microsoft are seen as "cool."  Nintendo is still dealing with the preception that they are a kiddy company.  They tried to change this with the 'cube but I'd say that more or less failed.  Nintendo's two goals with the revolution are probably to change it's image, and establish this new control method as the dominant means of play.  After all they'd have the only patent on this technology, not that wont stop sony and Microsoft from stealing it if neccessary. 

Their biggest worry is that the new controller won't catch on and be a simple gimmick instead of a real gaming revolution that it could be.  Still only time will tell, but I think Nintendo's difference will give it a considerably greater share of the market than had in this generation. 

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2005, 06:31:50 pm »
I hope it works because none wants to see Nintendo become a thrid party company (except tools and facists, and Microsoft, and Russia)

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2005, 10:53:51 pm »
Don't forget Cuba and Uraguay
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2005, 12:37:13 am »
X-Box 360 backwards compatibility = WARNK

I thought it was interesting that 007: Agent Under Fire, Mech Assault, and Splinter Cell won't work, considering these are the three games with flaws to allow you to soft-mod your X-Box. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 12:38:57 am by FyberOptic »

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2005, 07:57:39 am »
They do what now?

Joefus

• Heehehe
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2005, 08:39:07 am »
Microsoft loves to shoot themselves in the foot don't they?

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2005, 10:58:26 am »
They do what now?

If you put the proper invalid save game file onto a memory card and try to load it or whatever with those games, it lets you execute arbitrary code, allowing you to basically override the BIOS to get mod-chip functionality without actually hard-modding your x-box with a physical chip.  From that point you can replace the Dashboard software with custom software, and you'll basically have a hax0red x-box without ever having to open it up.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2005, 03:59:42 pm »
MORE X-BOX 360.  Joystiq unpacks one, and AnandTech opens one.  I thought it was interesting that they put full-sized DVD drives into the system again, except SATA this time.  And I like how the hard drive is in that little lump at the top of the system instead of buried inside.

* FyberOptic updates post all day

"In order to take advantage of the backwards compatibility you need to have the removable hard drive attached to the Xbox, as a software patch will have to be downloaded from Microsoft's servers. The download process will happen automatically and you will be alerted if the title you're attempting to play does not yet have a patch available for it."

LAMMMEE.  You can't just put an old game in and play it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 04:10:41 pm by FyberOptic »

Joefus

• Heehehe
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2005, 05:38:07 pm »
They make you use the hard drive to play backwards compatible games so they can make more money.  It's their way of forcing people to buy the extra expensive hard drive version of the system at launch.  They get rich and people pick up a piece of hardware they'll probably barely use.

Red_Raven

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2005, 05:46:47 pm »
XBOX 360

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2005, 05:55:37 pm »
I never thought of that.  The base system will be $300, and I always assumed it could play the older games out of the box.  But with this bit of news, it means you need the $400 package to play your old stuff.  Imagine the people who will sell their old X-Box's to get the new version, only to find that they're screwed now!  Same goes for those without broadband, or without broadband near their X-Box, since it has to download the patches.

Red_Raven

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2005, 05:56:25 pm »
Suckers!

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2005, 09:37:16 am »
I truely feel sorry for anyone who traded in their old X-Box to get this one.

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2005, 12:23:15 pm »
Thats why I stick with Nintendo, they dont scam people and their orignal. Unlike Sony who made remakes of old games and they sucked