"see above"

Nintendo Revolution
15 (88.2%)
PS3
1 (5.9%)
X-Box 360
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: What next gen console are you looking foward to  (Read 101215 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: What next gen console are you looking foward to
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 10:58:45 am »
Rumor has it that the Revolution might be as  low as $200, where the other two next-gen consoles are expected to be $300+.  If Nintendo can pull that off, they'll win big-time in terms of sales, I bet.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 12:56:06 pm »
You mean like last time? Price helps, but if the games aren't there then the people may pass.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 02:39:48 pm »
One example of that is the nintendo ds, and virtual boy. I might get an x box to just because of some exclusives they have I want to play.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2005, 06:01:57 pm »
Also don't forget the complete library of downloadable roms of EVERY Nintendo game from the consoles.  I just can't wait.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2005, 12:03:25 pm »
Voting ends in... now. And by a landslide Nintendo kicks everyones ass! Thanks for voting, you can still post here I think.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2005, 01:32:19 pm »
I don't think it'll be every NES game, just ones from Nintendo, and perhaps a few others they might get licensing agreements with.

Also, I stumbled onto this bit of info about something the PS3 may possibly employ.  The gist of it is that you can only play a game on one particular unit, to prevent piracy and all that junk.  Of course this is yet again one of those stupid technologies that would only hurt legitimate customers, since anyone out to pirate anything will just crack it eventually.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 04:00:29 pm by FyberOptic »

Haul

• KAMEN RAIDA?
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2005, 05:58:19 pm »
I doubt even they would do something that stupid, since almost anyplace that sells video games anymore either sells used games or rents. In fact, if they do it, it might just result in game sellers refusing to stock PS3 consoles and games! Really, they can't win, no matter what..!

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2005, 06:57:54 pm »
Yeah, not to mention I dunno how they'd work out game rentals, so it's probably not likely they'd do it.  But it's kind of sad that they would consider such a thing in the first place. 

But hey, this is the same folks who put rootkits on peoples machines to protect music cd's, so I guess we can't be too surprised!

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2005, 07:25:27 pm »
If that's actually true, you can be sure that Blockbuster's gonna throw out all their sony crap, hopefully replacing it with Gamecube games/Revolution games.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2005, 10:05:46 pm »
I would not be surprised. Take a look at the psp and how they're forcing everyone to convert to the 2.0 update in order to prevent emulation. All future games will require the 2.0 setting to play. Its how they make their money.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2005, 10:26:04 pm »
So maybe Nintendo will finally have the #1 consule domaninace it so deserves

Haul

• KAMEN RAIDA?
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2005, 03:36:34 pm »
I would not be surprised. Take a look at the psp and how they're forcing everyone to convert to the 2.0 update in order to prevent emulation. All future games will require the 2.0 setting to play. Its how they make their money.

I don't think it's too unreasonable to make people stop doing illegal things with their hardware in order to play their games, really.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2005, 04:55:20 pm »
You all realize you're forgetting about the 360 right? Really if the PS3 fails the 360 will be more likely to take its profits because they're so similar. At least, thtats what I think the course of action a regular person would take, and by regular I mean person taht doesn't play or buy many video games. However, if the Revolution works well I think it could possibly do the best, but thats a big if.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2005, 06:35:18 pm »
Why bigger if, mr Vito?
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2005, 06:41:29 pm »
Because they're a lot of ways that Nintendo could do this controller wrong, and it could really turn off other developers for making games for the system. THings can sound good in theory but just can't be executed well. Like communism.