General Category > Latest News

Mo' Money, Mo' Money, Mo' Money

(1/2) > >>

FyberOptic:
It's that time of year again, where I try to take many a dollar from everyone!  The annual Linode payment is coming due at the first of September.  That may seem like a while away at the moment, but if I have to switch back to a monthly payment plan, I have to tell them at least a month ahead of time.  So that gives us all of July to realize whether we can raise $250 again before it's due.

It's the same drill as last year, pretty much.  Paying for the Linode annually gives us a 50% disk space bonus.  If we switch back to monthly payments, we lose it.  Tis that simple.  If you're a regular member, you're likely well aware of just how much space that features like 4get require, as well as the other fun things we have around this joint.  We're definitely taking advantage of the disk space bonus.

Going back to monthly is of course an option if it's absolutely required, but that will mean a significant chop out of some of the services which have a sweet tooth for megabytes.  Many a thing would have to be deleted.  And it's not that the money wouldn't still be needed monthly too, just not in a huge chunk like this.  So if at all possible, it just seems advantageous to continue the annual payment plan.

Since we still have a month to go, we, well, still have a month to go.  Even if you don't have the money for a donation at the moment, you can still pledge however much you plan/think you'll be able to send later, so that we'll know if we're going to reach our goal before the decision to switch plans has to be made.  I have Paypal (check the bottom of the FAQ page for the link), but snail mail will work too if anyone needs it.  Just ask for the address.  Whatever anyone can afford to contribute would be greatly appreciated, no matter how small. 

If I could pay the whole thing, I'd do it without hesitation, since I like this place and the folks perdy well.  But since I can't, I can at least make everyone aware of the options.  I'm certainly no fan of asking for money, especially when I know times are tight for many folks.  And I know that not everyone can donate.  But after being pleasantly surprised with last year's results, I have a feeling that we can pull this off again this year. 

Just think of all the junk we can fill 4get with over 365 more days..!

Bluejay:
Done and done, now where's that terrabyte of Mysty hentai you promised me?

FyberOptic:
It's a new part of the site.  You have to type in 4chan dot org though.

EDIT: But yeah, Bluejay did donate a big'ol chunk, so we're on our way..!

Bluejay:
I did as you asked and now am cowering in terror in the corner, afraid to go near my computer. (I am typing this with a ten foot metal pole.)  Was this all part of your fiendish plan?

FyberOptic:
Luckily I waited until after you sent the money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version