Author Topic: iRPG Remix  (Read 11514 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
iRPG Remix
« on: April 07, 2009, 07:57:25 pm »
Since we don't even play Idle RPG the way we're supposed to from the modifications I've made, I've had it on my mind for a while now to rework (or totally rewrite) the gameplay.  I have certain ideas myself already, but I thought I'd just make a topic as a mixing pot of ideas other people might have as well before I go writing any code.  Feel free to toss in anything you think is good, no matter how outlandish, cause you never know what ideas might be borrowed or adapted on.

Things I've personally wanted to see added to such a game:

• A real inventory system, not the fake thing that iRPG uses.  It just stores a generic value of how good each armor/weapon piece you have is worth (and you automatically have one of each at all times).  There are unique items you can randomly earn, but they're only set apart by name.  I want there to be an inventory where people can own actual items, and probably things other than just weapons/armor.
  • There's gold in them thar hills.  I'd like people to be able to earn currency from fights or quests, perhaps.  This could just be an e-penis thing, or maybe you'd be able to buy or trade items/weapons with it eventually too.
  • Multiple players can get together and "pray", resulting in a triggered Hand of God event.  Though I'd probably have to limit it to once an hour or so.
  • Players can specify where they want to travel to rather than always randomly traversing the map.  This might work in conjunction with the item purchasing, by requiring that you travel to a town first.  The realism would be that you would have to actually wait for your character to travel there before you could buy anything.  Though to make that easier I'd probably let you queue purchases, and then when you got there you'd automatically make the transaction.
  • Player-initiated fights.  Not sure how this works, unless I made both players have to travel to an arena first, and then they'd fight once both arrived.

Anyway, just some of the idears I've had.  Part of them would probably require interaction on the website.  But since bot accounts can be linked to forum/website accounts now, that's not a problem.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 08:03:21 pm by FyberOptic »

Deck

Re: iRPG Remix
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:02:04 am »
The idea I liked was the one you proposed in chat, where once you reach a certain level it cycles you back to 1 and records the fact you reached max level. [Perhaps allow players to keep some of their power each rollover?]

Also, I've said this a million times, but resetting at level 100 takes way too long.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 03:14:24 am by Deck »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: iRPG Remix
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 11:06:06 am »
It's true, it's been over a year and Draco is still months away from 100.