Author Topic: Live for Speed world record lap practice  (Read 8813 times)

Silver Ranger

Live for Speed world record lap practice
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:53:15 pm »
That's right, i'm going for the world record lap time on a track called Blackwood in Live for Speed.  I looked up the record earlier and it's only 1:22:91 and my best run today was a 1:29:69.  I am working on a suspension setup and my driving skills to try and find the 7 seconds I need to beat the record.  If you notice in the attached picture (which doesn't look as pretty as it does in the game) I have added Fybertech.com on the front of my car, so when I do break the record and send in my replay everyone will see it ;)

Edit: I'm getting closer to the record, I just ran a 1:28.80!  I know that doesn't sound like much, but that's actually quite a nice lead over my old laptime.

Just hit a new best time while playing a friend online 1:28.19 :)

I did a 1:27.71!  That's just 4 seconds and 80 milliseconds from the world record!!!!!!!!

Newest fastest lap 1:26.88 that's 3 seconds and 97 milliseconds away from the record :D

1:23.46!!!!!!!!!!!! I just need 56 more milliseconds and I will have the record :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 07:25:09 pm by Silver Ranger »

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
Re: Live for Speed world record lap practice
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:45:28 pm »
Have you tried watching a video of the world record? I bet you'll learn a few tricks from it that'll make your run even faster (that's how I beat the staff ghosts in Mario Kart DS, by using their tricks and improving them).
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

Silver Ranger

Re: Live for Speed world record lap practice
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:39:15 pm »
I have downloaded his replay and it has helped me with my suspension setup and driving style quite a bit.  The only reason why I haven't beat him is because he is better at the 4 tight turns right after the 130 mph main straight.  I still think my setup needs a little work because he doesn't need to brake as much as I do at the first corner and that's what gives him that extra half second lead.

I have attached a picture of the track so you can see where I need practice.  I know the main straight isn't really straight, but you can take it almost like a straight line with the right driving line.

Oh btw here's a video so you can see what LFS is like.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvj0iY1Zig[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:52:45 pm by Silver Ranger »