Projects and Development > Hardware Dorkery

Belkin F5D6230-3 Router

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bluejay:
Fyber, I must say, all that stuff you typed... I didn't get a word of it, but hey, you sound really smart typing it, so yay!

Altzan:

--- Quote from: Bluejay on October 03, 2007, 06:47:57 am ---Fyber, I must say, all that stuff you typed... I didn't get a word of it, but hey, you sound really smart typing it, so yay!

--- End quote ---

Ditto.

kingwinkie:
I have one of these. One of my clients was throwing it out a couple of years ago. I grabbed it and have been using it when ever i wanted/needed a easy ap point :).

While it does have a crappy interface but it worked for me the odd time i needed/wanted to use wireless...

If you someone to try something out let me know :)

FyberOptic:
That's cool, I was starting to think I was about the only person out there interested in messing with the thing!  I'd have to figure out the firmware header format in order for you to be able to dump new code on there easy, unless you know anything about electronics to make something like a JTAG interface.

I figure that's what I'll work on next, and since it's a 3.3v board vs the parallel port's 5v, I'll have to use a particular buffer IC as a go-between, once I find one around here.

mly:
Hi,

--- Quote from: FyberOptic on September 28, 2007, 02:30:43 am ---
Here's some of the components from the Belkin that I've looked up:

91.EP213.002 217CP10746 - Unknown brand PCMCIA wifi card (802.11B) with dual-antennas hard-wired

--- End quote ---

The card seems to be AWLAN WS8P/IEEE.
I just take it out from my F5D 6230-3 and insert into the laptop.

On another note, I am playing with an idea to build netbsd install for this hardware.
I have some experience with *BSD clone, however I have no idea how
to load the build into the flash memory. Regards, ML

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version