Author Topic: Fybertech:The De Novo Project  (Read 17782 times)

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
Fybertech:The De Novo Project
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:49:54 pm »
I'd classify this story as a Fybertech Project because it gets worked on sometimes by Fyber, takes a lot of Fyber's time, and will probably end abruptly, never be finished because Fyber will get bored with it (that's a joke  :P). Well, I thought I would make a topic for the whole thing so we could all speculate, postulate, and other ates about the story and characters.
First off, here are the links to all the parts in Fyber's Livejournal because he hasn't uploaded them to the site yet.
De Novo: Part 1    De Novo: Part 2    De Novo: Part 3    De Novo: Part 4    De Novo: Part 5
De Novo: Part 6    De Novo: Part 7    De Novo: Part 8    De Novo: Part 9    De Novo: Part 10

Now I'm going to talk about the latest happenings in the story. First off, I liked how I was somewhat tricked at the beginning of Part 10. I thought Fyber was going to do something techy with the unit the controls rather than just whack the guy in the head. Fight was good and exciting. I liked how Fyber didn't make himself uber powerful or anything and that he needed Jenny's help. Thought it was cool how Fyber outwitted the remaining dudes with SCIENCE! Should be cool to see what he’ll do with the new HEAT thing that’s not really a real HEAT thing.

So now for my speculation and guesses of future stuff and old stuffs:
Vito will hit on Jenny.
Fyber will get the HEAT thing working right and kick some ass.
Jake was mistaken for Fyber by the thugs.
They have Vito dress up as 13 and try and infiltrate and find Boris with Jenny and Fyber tracking him.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
Re: Fybertech:The De Novo Project
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 11:56:38 pm »
I don't think its a real HEAT unit. From the description, I get the notion that it's some kind of earth reconstruction of the technology, We'll just have to see how fyber pans this particular one out though.
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 05:57:09 pm »
I am so very curious about this other HEAT device. Only time will tell I guess!
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 06:03:46 pm »
I'm still wondering on a couple of things.
1. Why exactly is the story called De Novo?
2. Why would Arvix want to kill Fyber? Shouldn't they try and get him to help or pay him off to help the company because so techy would be an asset. Although, it could be that they don't know how smart that fyber guy is.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 07:44:22 pm »
HINT:  "de novo" is Latin.  Unless you already knew that, and were wondering its deeper meaning, which is still secret.

I was working out more particulars of your second question just last night, which leads back to other things things from the past~

Also Arvis is his name, Arvix is just a modified version to make the company sound more tech-related.  Though it prolly wouldn't have been a bad idear to just give him that as a name too.  But I wanted it to sound fairly normal.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 12:30:32 am »
And suddenly I touched up enough to make Part 11~~~~

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »
HAY HERE IT IS.  I thought I'd revive this topic in case anyone has any questions and such about part 12.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 09:52:54 pm »
All two of us who havn't been badgering you in the chat for weeks?

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 03:01:17 pm »
Whoo, necroposting.

I reread almost all of it today, and was reminded of what a good job Fyber does of painterin me the picshure (Although I suspect there needs to be a layout walkthrough tour of the lab rewritten in there at some point seeing as I had to badger him about it to get where I was now.)

I know I probably bother Fyber more than anybody about the story, so I won't bother to needle him specifically for updates here (I have the chat for that, you see,) but it might not hurt if you guys commented once you've read it.

I'm just wondering on the usual open threads at the moment. What does Earth HEAT do, what was Arvix up to buying that junkyard out, what's Fyber's connection?

I've discussed some of this with fyber before, but I think the answers have changed and been rearragned since, so I'm left wondering about the latest chapter. Namely what happened there at the end and what will the fallout be? Only time will tell.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 08:27:22 pm »
I'd pester fyber more if I'd remember. <_<
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.