Author Topic: THIO Sprite Work  (Read 15194 times)

Red_Raven

THIO Sprite Work
« on: July 03, 2007, 11:48:44 am »
It's about time there was some recent sprite work for this section, espeacially since it's been void of any art in this part of the board by anybody for a long time now. Anywho I'll be posting my sprite work for THIO here and you all can share your opinions, espeacially for those who missed an occaisional link to some work I did. o to start things off here what I have so far on the labs lounge room. Not much yet but right now I'm making the props and fitting them in place as I go.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 11:54:11 am by Rhythm »

Red_Raven

Re: THIO Sprite Work
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 02:45:39 pm »
Ok, here is how far ive gotten since my last post. I added some Wii remote controls, a DVD player and a couch. I plan on adding a couch facing the TV fror game playing and such. Plus A few lights.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 02:47:12 pm by Rhythm »

Red_Raven

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:54:32 pm »
Heres another backgrond I'm working on, it's not done yet but heres what I got so far. Not exactly sure on what to do for colors though, if you have any color suggestions HAND'EM OVER.

Red_Raven

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 09:25:47 am »
Well I decided to pick up my sprites a do a bit of work on them this morning. Here are some improvements to the characters.

Red_Raven

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 09:38:29 am »
Past few days I made more improvements, remade Spree, Metbot and sprited Arvis.

Note: Bluejay's Silverwing I just put that on him in there to show what It looks like.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 09:43:24 am by Rhythm »

Red_Raven

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 11:09:51 am »
Once more, an updated sheet, this time including Scaffold.

Red_Raven

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 07:18:13 pm »
God damn I'm so pissed and worked up right now. I did an awesome job on the first half of the labs main room which is shaped like a circle. So I went on the second half and was flipping things around and such and editing and I tryed to deselect off of something and I hit the S key instead of D which saved over the 1st half background, and now it's lost. I had a chance to get it back because of Armature birthday animation but unfortunately I closed that out, and when you ave a file optimized, it fuses all the layers, so theres no going back. I would have gone back in my history but Photoshop's history only goes back so far, so that was useless. So I'm pretty pissed right now and need to go cool off.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:33:55 am »
I'm always paranoid about screwing up originals of a file without thinking, particularly since I have a habit of pressing control-s a lot to make sure I don't actually lose any work (whether it's an image, text file, whatever).  So I tend to use the Duplicate feature in the window menu of Paint Shop Pro.  It copies the current file into a new window, and naturally asks me for a filename when I try to save it.  I would assume Photoshop has a similar feature.

EDIT:  Scratch that, I skimmed through the menus of CS2, and I don't see anything that does it, unless it's buried away.  The only thing similar is an option to create basically a clone of the current window, and changes in one affect the other.  I guess that's useful in its own way, but not for what I was referring to.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 10:37:41 am by FyberOptic »