Author Topic: Hindsight website FAQ  (Read 14689 times)

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
Hindsight website FAQ
« on: February 21, 2007, 07:07:27 pm »
Frequently Asked Questions
[/size]
(or questions that might get asked a lot if people visit)
[/size]
Some basic info about the site.
The comic’s update schedule is once a day every Monday through Friday. I’ll try to keep this going as long as I can, but things happen and I can get to be lazy. Sometimes I may go long periods without updating, if that occurs I will try and keep people up-to-date on when regular updates will hopefully recur, or when they should check back.

The IRC Chat channel information for Hindsight is room #fybertech on server fybertech.net

From 6:00am to 6:00pm the front-page of the site will have a day theme and from 6:00pm to 6:00am the front-page will have a night theme. The reason I did this was because I thought it would be pretty cool. Also as time goes on, I may do more little things to the site such as add a few more animations or add some sprites down to the bottom of the current comic indexes. So feel free to look around every once in a while and try and find something new.

Where did you get your sprites and backgrounds and can I have them?
Most sprites are edits from Mega Man sprites from the NES games you can find the originals at Sprites Inc. or Shyguy Kingdom and backgrounds are usually found at edited from VGMaps. I’m fiercely protective of my sprites and probably won’t give those out to anyone ever. In regards to backgrounds, there’s a possibility I’ll give you that if I actually know who you are and have talked to you in chat or seen you post on the message board, although if you just ask for a background in chat and on the board you’ll probably get a STFU NEWB.

Why is the comic called Hindsight 20/XX?
It’s a play on the phrase “Hindsight is always 20/20” meaning that in retrospection you can see what you should have done. The way the comic is set up it’s sort of like Vito telling the stories after they happened and he sometimes adds a little new perspective on the story. Also the time frame is 20XX, which is quasi-futuristic allowing me to use robots and stuff although I really haven’t done that much. I swapped the last 20 in 20/20 with an XX to show the time frame and come up with a clever name. Well, I think it is somewhat clever at least.

Why does your comic suck so hard?
Because I suck so hard I guess? I dunno. You just hurt my feelings though, so I’m going to go in the corner and cry a little bit.

I see you have a donation button. Why do you have one and should I donate?
The reason I have a donation button is because it does cost a little money to keep the site going and any help would be welcomed. I can handle the all the fees myself; so don’t worry that if you don’t donate the site will come down. If you choose to donate thank you, if not that’s cool too. You can do what you want with your money. Unless of course you’re under 18, in that case I request that you ask your parent or guardian first so I won’t get any angry e-mails, phone calls, or burning effigies on my lawn.

Why do I go to a Fybertech chat room when I click the chat button and a Fybertech message board when I click the board button?
I’m a lazy guy I don’t want to go to multiple message boards and chat rooms and since Fybertech is hosting my comic and Fybertech doesn’t get much traffic, I figure I’ll try and help the community so it’ll have more than 8 guys. But the real answer is I’m too lazy to get my own message board and chat room.

Will you link to my website?
The answer will probably be sure, unless I get flooded with a massive amount of offers, which is probably not going to happen. Also, I’m a fan of the “Show me yours and I’ll show you mine” meaning link to me and I’ll link to you.

If you were a tree what tree would you be?
Elm.

Something seems messed up with the website?
Any technology like questions should be asked to FyberOptic, since he’s my tech dude that pretty much helps makes a lot of the site work. I’m mostly just sort of the idea guy that gives him the materials and tells him what I want. If you get in touch with me though I’ll relay it to him and try to get everything fixed as soon as possible.

Hey you seem like a cool guy and I want to get in touch with and chat with you, or I have a question that wasn’t answered here?
Well you can e-mail me at crimsonspaz@hotmail.com (I might change that though because that’s a really lame email address). You can also try and reach me on AIM username SomeVito (much better). You can also try the chat I’m usually on, but also usually idle. I check the message board daily to semi-daily depending on the time of year so you can try a Private Message there or a make a topic and I’ll try and respond. Be warned though I can be somewhat a recluse and uncommunicative to people. I’ll try not to be rude. Also, if you’re a woman I’m single ~o^, but I know no woman actually uses the Internet much less reads sprite comics so if you say you’re a woman, I know in reality you’re really a dude.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:27:22 pm by Vito »

Vito

• Super cool detective
Re: Hindsight website FAQ
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 03:25:42 pm »
If you have any other questions ask, and I may update FAQ accordingly.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 06:58:25 pm »
Frequently Asked Questions
[/size]
(or questions that might get asked a lot if people visit)
[/size]

Little formatting problem here. That aside, it seems to be a fine FAQ.

Vito

• Super cool detective
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 07:13:34 pm »
Shows up right on the website, which is all that matters.