Author Topic: SPRITE POSTERY PERMISSIONS  (Read 26903 times)

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: SPRITE POSTERY PERMISSIONS
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 09:25:09 am »
I wouldn't see a problem so much with using someones sprites (credit would be nice) as most likely those sprites were moded from someone elses, it's more stealing thier character that would be a problem, as the character behind the sprites is the true intelectual property so to speak. Characters are completely a creation of the orriginator.
The sprites are just a medium.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 06:02:28 pm »
Well, the character is a lot harder to steal and a lot harder for people to want to steal, lemme tell ya. Characters are creations of the originator, yes of course they are. So, when someone makes the decision to dedicate themselves to an original piece of work, do you think they want to steal ideas from another work? Unless it's something really famous, people most always want to think of their own characters and their own intellectual material, and just steal the sprites. Even for those select few who steal the whole character and not just the sprite, their comics always turn out to be really stupid and they always get caught/ridiculed/killed. I'm sure nobody on the interbutts has ever gotten a (good) reputation from a stolen comic.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 12:08:18 am »
/claims to have made Penny Arcade and VG Cats
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 10:29:33 am »
I knew they were all made by one person!