Projects and Development > Sprites & Artworks & Renders

SPRITE POSTERY PERMISSIONS

(1/4) > >>

FyberOptic:
Since there's a constant debate on the intertubes over what's fair and what's not in terms of the usage of someone's sprites, I started to lay down some guidelines for all future posting of sprites on Fybertech.  But once I got into the complexities of the issue, especially since there are those of us who have characters which exist outside of the Fybertech continuity as well (such as with Vito and Hindsight 20/XX), I decided to simply make this a topic where permissions could be posted on what can be used and for what.  I'll give an example with mine:

Sprites I create and post can be used anywhere on Fybertech for any project in question, without permission or credit given, whether it be a short single-issue bonus comic type of thing, or for an ongoing project such as a comic.

Sprites I create are preferably to be used within Fybertech, but no permission is necessary for them to be used outside of the website.  Credit for my work is recommended, but not required.

You can adapt such wording any way you see fit.  Some people might be okay with bonus comic usage, but not with ongoing comics, for example.  Some people might be okay with it as long as you ask permission first.  Some might be okay with it as long as it's only used within Fybertech.  Some might be okay with Fybertech continuity sprites being public, while other sprites they make remain private.  As I said, you can have any stipulations you want on the usage of your sprites.  I just felt this topic was necessary since so many of us have differing opinions on what can be done with their sprites.  So once you post here, all future sprites you post on Fybertech will adhere to your rules, unless you expressly state otherwise for a particular sprite or sheet you post.

Also, this part need not be repeated in your permissions, because it's obvious.  Don't take credit for something you didn't make, because if we find out, we'll likely make fun of you for all days for it.

My example is in fact my granting of permissions for sprites I post.  So anyone else worried about their sprites, post here so people will know what they can and can't use.

Until someone posts permissions here, their sprites are to be considered off-limits without permission, no matter what project you're working on.

Boris:
I think fyber will make this clearer, but this is for any sprites you put up on fybertech. Intended for continuity or not, to resolve some issues that might have otherwise occured.

Sprites and characters I create and post can be used anywhere on Fybertech for any project in question, without permission or credit given, whether it be a short single-issue bonus comic type of thing, or for an ongoing project such as a comic.

Sprites I create are strongly prefered to be used within Fybertech, but I don't belive I can limit free commerce of anything I post on the internet and acknowledge they can be used outside of Fybertech with or without credit.

Sean:
Sprites and characters I create and post can be used anywhere on Fybertech for any project in question, For a short single-issue bonus comic type of thing, permission is granted but for an ongoing project such as a comic, the comic author in question MUST ask for my permission before use of any sheet.

Sprites I create are for use anywhere, but for an ongoing project such as a comic hosted outside the site, the comic author in question MUST ask for my permission before use of any sheet.

ecto:
Any Fybertech related characters, or sprites I have created can be used without permission for small projects. holiday cards, comic jams. If you edit these sprites give credit. For large projects such as comics permission is needed. Characters outside of Fybertech that I have created I would prefer if you ask before using.

Bluejay:
Use my stuff, it's cool by me, I'd like credit if it's something more than a one time thing though. Short, sweet, and to the point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version