Author Topic: Fybertech Spriting  (Read 53571 times)

Red_Raven

Fybertech Spriting
« on: December 06, 2006, 05:13:18 pm »
Fybertech Sprites

We havent done sprites at fybertech for a while besides the comics, so I thought "Why not make a project out of it."

What we are going to do is go around fybertechs old topics involving sprites and copy them in this topic. Backgrounds, objects, characters, holidays, etc. That way we can make banners, comic jams, comic panels or what ever with out scavenging at the last second. So go out there and rack up some sprites!

Backgrounds:

Objects:

Characters:

Holidays:

Let me  know if you need any of these resized.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 10:23:02 am by Rhythm »

Sean

• Gone.
    • Canavic Domain
Re: Fybertech Spriting
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:36:00 pm »
Just remember not to use any of my stuff without my permission.

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 08:45:33 am »
Wait, I can't use your car?

* MDude pulls over in the middle of the interstate, and walks off.

Sean

• Gone.
    • Canavic Domain
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 09:07:51 am »
Wait, I can't use your car?

* MDude pulls over in the middle of the interstate, and walks off.
Hey, I didn't know I had a car. :p

But seriously, it's ok by me if people use my sprites, I just like it when they ask first. It's only polite. I did work pretty hard on them, after all.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 07:07:49 pm »

Same with me. Dont edit my sprites then claim as your own. I don't care if they are used. 
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 01:49:08 pm »

Same with me. Dont edit my sprites then claim as your own. I don't care if they are used. 

Sean said not to use his, but you said "same with me", but then you went on to say you don't want yours edited.  But since you agreed, does that mean you dont want yours used, either?

Meanwhile, here's some things I came across:

Backgrounds:

Characters:

Prox

Old-style Mr Mets

Misc:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 01:51:12 pm by FyberOptic »

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 02:03:17 pm »
Hey Sean and Ecto, when you actually get around to making anything we'd care about using, then you can worry about telling us not to use them. Right now you're just waving your e-peni around and not impressing anybody.

Also, if the stuff you made was Fybertech, we (Fyber and representitives) probably have some right to control it since it's based of our intellectual property.

---

Other than that, I'm gonna contribute my past work in the hope its a little useful to rhythm or somebody here.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 02:12:21 pm by Boris »
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

Sean

• Gone.
    • Canavic Domain
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 03:01:02 pm »
Hey Sean and Ecto, when you actually get around to making anything we'd care about using, then you can worry about telling us not to use them. Right now you're just waving your e-peni around and not impressing anybody.

Also, if the stuff you made was Fybertech, we (Fyber and representitives) probably have some right to control it since it's based of our intellectual property.

---

Other than that, I'm gonna contribute my past work in the hope its a little useful to rhythm or somebody here.

How rude. No, really, that is utterly rude. You didn't have to say that at all. We're simply stating that we don't want our stuff used without permission. We're not trying to brag, or imply that people WANT or SHOULD use our stuff.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 03:21:45 pm »
the rudeness is to get attention, the point however is valid. You havn't made anything for the fybertech continuity yet which is what Rhythm created this topic for, you could have avoided weighing in at all and simply posted nothing, I can't see any othe reason than attention seeking. However, fyber is going to be more of a diplomat than I and make a broad general topic for this. You can post your general preferences there once and for all. http://www.fybertech.com/forums/index.php?topic=620.msg11977#msg11977

Sean

• Gone.
    • Canavic Domain
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 03:28:45 pm »
the rudeness is to get attention, the point however is valid. You havn't made anything for the fybertech continuity yet which is what Rhythm created this topic for, you could have avoided weighing in at all and simply posted nothing, I can't see any othe reason than attention seeking. However, fyber is going to be more of a diplomat than I and make a broad general topic for this. You can post your general preferences there once and for all. http://www.fybertech.com/forums/index.php?topic=620.msg11977#msg11977

Problem is, I didn't any specific thing in Rythym's post  saying that these were for the continuity. I apologize if it seemed like I wanted to get attention, but that wasn't my intention at all.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 03:31:39 pm »
All right, I was being a dick too to get my point across, sorry. We have a more general topic now like I said, so I'll leave this to Rhythm's orriginal purpose of gathering Fybertech-continuity sprites.

Red_Raven

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 08:32:06 pm »
By gathering sprites, I meant ones for comic jams and stuff using people current character sprites that would fit with others sprites. For the spritery ones boris posted, give me a minute to sepertate the characters from the parts. I may or may not put in the Fyber ones since I put mine up. Tell me wheather you guys like my version of fyber or boris's version.

PS: ill add the posted sprites to my list up top as they come. And this would be a good time to make your self an 8-bit character or request one to be made for yourself.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 08:55:24 pm by Rhythm »

Red_Raven

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 10:15:02 am »
Well, heres Buzzard and boris. I did a little work on them. Also in the list, if theres only one sprite for a chracter, its because I dont have the whole sheet for that one.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 10:21:43 am by Rhythm »

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 02:19:30 am »
Mr. Mysto/Rhythm/Gameboy/whatever you go by these days I dunno anymore, do you mind making me a few more sprites, since you updated the Buzzard sprite that Garshak/Gospel made?
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

LtSterling

• Art Gallery
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 02:39:11 pm »
I for one disagree that posting sprites mean it becomes general use for everyone.  I for one posted my sprites to see if they looked alright and what fixes could be made to make them look better from people's opinions.  As for That sheet used there is way out of date, you can see that in the attached picture.  Secondly in the rights of fybertech continuity and intellectual property I agree the original idea of a character belongs to the character and not the designer, If someone makes a Boris sprite that sprite really belongs to Boris, I decided this on the basis that you made it it becomes a sort of gift for Boris and thus all rights are passed on to him. 

And my commander sheet isn't fybertech, its Chain of Command comics character I designed.  Using him would be more like a crossover cameo for a comic, so he really shouldn't be there.
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.