Author Topic: Political Pigpin  (Read 188427 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: Political Pigpin
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2007, 12:22:12 pm »
I do believe it's possible to impeach them both if someone thought they conspired together to do whatever act(s) you're impeaching over.  And we all know Cheney was 100% involved, if not more so than Bush.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2007, 02:17:12 pm »
Theres that little thing called evidence. So your telling me right now you'd rather have Nancy as President? That would be a strain on the tax payers. "My kids need a ferris wheel in the backyard with five seats for twenty three, and nine servants for each seat at the cost of five hundred thousand dollars to the tax payers. Also I get a jumbo jet at the cost of three hundred thousand round trip, with options I don't need.Who cares i'm not paying for it but I want it."
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2007, 03:00:07 pm »
Again I point out that the whole democrats = higher taxes thing is bolognie.  Take a look at that chart again about the past presidents, and notice that Clinton not only eliminated debt but gave us surplus funds.  Then another Bush came back in and ruined it. 

Also, she never requested that jet, one of her associates did so for her without her knowledge.  The real waste of money were all the days the republicans literally wasted in congress debating this frivolous issue.  How much you think that time was worth?  They simply hate her because a.) she's democrat, and b.) she's a woman.  Therefore, anything that could smear her name is worth their time.

And hey, maybe we should build some useless bridges in Alaska, like everyone's favorite republican Ted "internet tubes" Stevens did.  That's a perfect use of taxpayers dollars!

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2007, 03:47:27 pm »
Pelosi doesn't need anything bigger then Air Force one. She can go through the regular airports like everyone else. She probobly gets reimbursed anyway. The problem I have with her is she's a power monger.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2007, 10:47:52 pm »
Yeah, Cheney has more influence over the president than any other veep in the past ever has, so there'd be plenty of ways to yank him out as well if you really wanted to.

As for Pelosi, don't gimme that shit. If you remember correctly, Dennis Hastert had a jet for his entire tenure as Speaker. However, Fat Denny only had to fly to Illinois, whereas Pelosi would have to make a trip almost three times that distance, a trip which Denny's plane couldn't make in one go. All that Pelosi's aides requested was that she have a plane that could make it without stopping for fuel. And I don't know if you know anything about air travel, but public access airlines (or plane fueling stations for that matter) aren't available around the clock. Do you think that she can afford to waste any time as Speaker of the House working five days out of seven and spending eight hours on the two days she has off to make the trip there or back? If she needs a bigger jet, she oughtta get one, forsooth.

Also, the United states takes in over a trillion dollars in tax money every year. A few hundred thousand for a jet won't put even a tiny dent in your healthcare, rocko. What will is a fucking war in the middle east. No matter how much money she has to use, she would use it where it's needed, which is one of the things that matters most in a president.

As for power, try running for president of the United States while not wanting any responsibility for the position. Tell me how it works out.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 10:49:35 pm by Prox »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2007, 12:07:49 am »
I'm not saying she cant have a jet, i'm saying she doesn't need anything bigger then Air Force one. Same size I wouldn't have a problem with it. She's asking for a mansion with wings.This is what I see as Pelosi throwing her power around.I know a bit about air travel Prox, my father served in the air force for twenty six years. You don't think ive flown before?There are plenty of smaller cheaper air craft that can get you from point a to point b in one stop that don't cost that much and can be half the size.

As for the war in the middleast someone needs to come up with a plan other then throwing money at it. That plan shouldn't involve pulling out the troops which is one of my big concerns. The only way we could lose is if we do just that. So far i'm seeing jack damnit from either side. The only person who has anything resembling anything is Bush. I'm hearing a lot of talk about cutting funding which would put our troops over there in more danger then they are. I don't know about the troop surge but what we need is for Iraq to pull their weight so we can get the hell out of dodge. 

Also Prox, I wouldn't want the responsibilities that come with the Presedency. To much thinking makes the head hurt. 

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2007, 12:56:28 am »
So my point stands, that she should get a jet. And no, she's not asking for a mansion with wings. Again I state that HER AIDES asked only for a plane that can get her from D.C. to San Francisco or back in one trip, whenever she needs it. And again I state that public airlines don't fly everywhere at all times, and are not always reliable on whether or not they actually fly on time, so would not be the most expedient method of travel for Madame Speaker. The accusations that she asked for a Boeing 747 or something ridiculous like that came, as Fyber kind of hinted at, mainly from congressional republicans who wanted to make her look bad.

As for the war in the middle east, I mentioned that in passing, so you didn't have any reason to expound upon it. But while I'm making passing remarks, I'd just like to mention that there's a lot of ways we can "lose" the "war" if we decide to stay there, and there are also a lot of ways we can "win" the "war" by getting out of there. Either way it's going to cost money.

About the mention of presidency, I was making that remark as response to this:

The problem I have with her is she's a power monger.

The thing I was getting at that you apparently didn't understand was that anybody who wants to become president of the United States has to want power, and in order to get power, you also have to take responsibility for that power. So, really, ambition is a good quality for a president, is it not?

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2007, 01:34:08 am »
The thing I was getting at that you apparently didn't understand was that anybody who wants to become president of the United States has to want power, and in order to get power, you also have to take responsibility for that power. So, really, ambition is a good quality for a president, is it not?

I understand that quite perfectly. Doesn't mean I don't know when someones going overboard. When you said her "aids" asked about it that doesn't mean she never spoke to them about it prior. If i'm mistaken I believe I heard Democrats were also complaining about that as well so don't say Republicans are the only ones who don't like her or are trying to make her look bad.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2007, 06:18:21 pm »
I couldn't tell whether or not you understood seeing as how you told me the presidency would make your head hurt. Also, of course she had to talk to them about it before. You think if you were a politician you'd staff someone who would just do whatever they thought you would want them to do without getting your dis/approval? Also, whether you're mistaken or not, democrats are mainly pissed because it's getting attention and it might make them look bad. My point still stands that the folk who made it into a political issue were members of the grand old party, specifically Roy Blunt and Adam Putnam if you need me to drop names.

In all honesty this should've just been a quiet agreement reached between the House Sergeant-at-arms and the Pentagon, instead of a furor that's being used to tarnish Pelosi's image. I still don't understand how or why it ever came to be so incendiary. Pelosi should have access to an aircraft that can fly her back and forth when she needs it, Blunt and Putnam are muckrakers, case closed.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:22:26 pm by Prox »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 03:39:27 am by FyberOptic »

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2007, 10:26:02 am »
*Salutes W.* God Bless you president moron, for making parodies like that possible.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2007, 12:29:10 pm »

HitomiBoy

• People. Mmm Mmm Good.
  • -Phago-
    • Melpomene
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2007, 09:05:03 pm »
95% Catholic!

Woot!

That is all.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2007, 11:57:10 pm »
I got a little bit disappointed when i saw the atheist line, but i guess it's something that can't be avoided. Kind of hard to separate the church and the state in people's minds...!