Author Topic: Ship Maker  (Read 13414 times)

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
Ship Maker
« on: April 01, 2006, 08:24:34 pm »
I don't know how many of you remember that once upon a time, I tried to make a php/sql driven little game called Ship Maker. Well, in a surge of 'I need to do something with my webspace.' I've started up on it again. I already got myself back to remembering enough php to access and grab elements from an sql table. Currently, I'm in the process of writing up a login script again. The problem mostly arises after that, I never quite thought out what I really wanted to do with a web game. I know that I want it to be about various ships, and buying parts to upgrade speeds (reg and faster than light,) weapons, defense, and cargo capacity. I know that I want various game for making money, like trade, courrier, pirate brastery, etc. Back in the day I was thinking flash games, but I don't know squat about them, and Fyber doesn't seem to care for them all that much, meaning I don't have an easily harassable resource.

Now I'm thinking of a click map based system potentially, a representation of the galaxy, and you pick the distance of your trade mission, or what have you. It's a good interim for getting the thing going without having to integrate the confusing and ineffecient flash.

I don't know anymore if this was supposed to be a developer notes page, or a place to ask for suggestions, so feel free to comment or suggest away.
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
Re: Ship Maker
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 12:21:08 am »
So how's this thing coming along, if it is.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 01:08:42 am »
If you're still working on this Borz, I'm gonna suggest that the fighting aspect of the game resemble that of TEOS, since that seemed to be simple enough.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 08:12:03 am »
Wait, do you mean water ships or space ships?

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 11:35:26 am »
doh, I forgot about this like a week after starting on it. Maybe I'll do a little code on it inbetween my story writing.

Sino

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 10:11:58 pm »
If I were you, I'd look into a HyperMelee style battle system.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 05:42:36 pm »
rather infeasible for a php game, unless I spent a lot of time on figuring out how to make it work with flash~

Sino

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 07:48:56 pm »
Oh, I thought you were talking about C+ or something like that.