Author Topic: Fire emblem: Path of Radiance  (Read 26063 times)

Joefus

• Click Out Field Commander
  • Heehehe
Re: Fire emblem: Path of Radiance
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 04:20:41 pm »
Fire Emblem's pretty good series, I wouls suggest playing the first GBA one (Fire Emblem or Fire Emblem Blazing Sword if you want the japanese version).  It's the best one of the three American games.  You never really run into that heal, get attacked routine cause you usually have a good amount of units that can hold their own for a decent amount of time.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2005, 08:02:01 pm »
I loved kingdom hearts. The EXE series is also fun. I've only played 3, but it blew my mind.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

magus

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 05:48:29 pm »
Only kingdom hearts game i have played is chain of memories.

Ramesh

• He Who Has Level 13 Fire Emblem Grandmastery
  • More Tired than Awake
Err...
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 09:58:25 pm »
Actually Joefus, there is a limit on how godly weapons can be made. Personally, I just craft weapons for my lower level characters to catch up. Weight is probably the most important consideration in making a weapon. I don't see the use in making a weapon heavier yet, but lighter weapons for weaker fighters can make the difference between 1 and 2 attacks. You gotta make the weight of the weapon equal or less than the strength of the user, or you will suffer a speed penalty. The critical hit rate is too expensive for the small bonus you get; a killing edge is a much better buy for the critical chance. Other than that, money isn't really an issue. Swords are cheap, money is given often and in large numbers as well. Heal staves can't be equipped, they're easy pickings for Volke. I haven't bought a heal staff yet. Don't play easy mode because it is cheap as crap. And I completely recommend Fire Emblem to you Bluejay. Joefus is right about the heal thing too; enemies can and almost always will attack the weakest character you put up there. They will gang up. They will go out of their way to kill a weak unit, just because they can. As for which to start with, I suggest the gamecube version if you have one. Otherwise, it's best to go with a gameboy version until you're sure whether or not you like it. I suggest FE7 if you go GBA. It is easier than FE6 because it's all in Japanese. And Hector dies. Bastard Zephiel...

Anyway, in case you haven't figured out already I'm *only slightly* a fanatic of this series. Night everyone!
Lloyd: Fare well, Legault. My old friend.

Legault: I'll see you again, Lloyd. With Linus... And Uhai... Even if it won't be in this world.

magus

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 07:31:11 pm »
I'm stuck on a chapter

Ramesh

• More Tired than Awake
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 08:47:49 pm »
Tell me which, I can help you out.

Or better yet, summon Lavos. If you can.  :P

Legault: I'll see you again, Lloyd. With Linus... And Uhai... Even if it won't be in this world.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 10:01:04 pm »
I remember picking up Fire Emblem 4 once. I still have yet to beat that god awefully long game. THEY HAVE FIVE CASTLES ON ONE MAP. FIVE.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

magus

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 03:46:25 pm »
I'm stuck on chapter 27

Ramesh

• More Tired than Awake
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 11:13:08 pm »
Ok. I'll go replay chapter 27 and see what I can come up with.

And since you went to all the trouble of summoning a Lavos Spawn, why not just use him?

Or better yet, use my Lavos. I haven't beat him since my SNES broke down, so I can't get you a nice pic of his coller form.

Note: Coller is not a typo.

magus

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006, 11:37:21 pm »
I'd rather use my lavos spawn.Anyone else play it?

Ramesh

• More Tired than Awake
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 10:22:15 pm »
Ok Magus, my suggestion is as follows.

At the start, send all your swordsmen to the left. Axes to the right. Everyone else can gang up on the swordsmaster and the feral one upwards, unless they have bad resistances. The sage in the room with the archers has a couple of neat staves to steal.Thieves are a priority target, they shouldn't be too hard to kill if you hurry. Try not to let them get to the doors. Theres like, 3 more rooms that suddenly appear at the top if either of the two side doors are opened. I suggest taking everyone out before any doors are opened. When you do get to opening the doors, rush every strong person you have into the room and kill them all fast. I think one of the guys in the left room has a mend staff to steal. The only guy in the right room is a sage with meteor. Leave him alone for a bit, he won't move until you get in range. The archer and the priest in the top-middle room don't move at all. The priest can be stolen from easily. The boss is just as easy to kill, anyone can pretty much do it. Just have Mist on standby ready to heal them, she and Ike need all the experience they can get to survive the next round. After this part of the mission is cleared, Ike runs into the next room to face BK. Mist will follow right behind. BK is easy, as long as Ike can survive a round or two with him ( I'm not sure if you even have to fight him, I don't think he moves and he will be killed by Nasir after a bit anyway ). Some thugs will come for Mist after a couple of turns, Ike can kill them easily. I killed the priests with Mist. Just make sure you don't get Ike killed. Easy mission.

magus

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2006, 08:29:52 am »
Problem with mist...She is weak as hell!

Ramesh

• More Tired than Awake
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 05:36:17 pm »
You should have levelled her up... a LOT.