General Category > General Chatter

RULES AND THINGS

<< < (2/7) > >>

Boris:
I've never seen post count as being useful for much other than a dick measuring contest among people who want to prove how long they've been around. It's funny because usually the people around the longest have a lower count, like me and Vito. So yeah, killin that wouldn't hurt my feelings too much.

ALSO WHAT ARE THOSE STARS FOR? They don't seem to be linked to post count, so it baffels me.

Iddi:
I haven't been around for that long (at least not fybertech anyway), and I admit that, but people know who I am, and post count isn't needed for me to get credit or what the hell spammers spam for.

FyberOptic:
The stars indicate your access level.  There's various levels that can be created with different privileges, but again, I just haven't had much use for such things here.

EDIT:  STARS AND RANK TEXT AND POST COUNT = DEAD.  There was no option to do it so I edited the template code.  The function still exists and takes place, but it just won't show up on the message pages.

Iddi:
I see in the profile page that there's still posts counted, and I always hated people who thought it was cool to have like 4000 posts. It made them cool and respected. I used to be like that, you know.

I hope you didn't at all feel that I was pushing you or anything, it's just that I think there's not much need for that kinda thing anyway.

ecto:
I have no problem with it going bye bye. Maybe this will put a stop to all the unecessary noob posting. Another rule I think should be added is the fact that people are stealing and borrowing topics from snipe-hunt and fybertech both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version