Author Topic: Ye Olde Labs  (Read 20034 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Ye Olde Labs
« on: October 24, 2005, 02:15:57 am »
In another possible time-wasted project, from the makers of LJ-Chan, I give you Hazard Labs circa 2003!  By piecing together old files I had hidden away along with a little help from Internet Archive when necessary, I was able to reconstruct an early 2003 design of the site, almost entirely.

BUT, there's a few things which don't work/aren't there:

- Most of the comics (except Mess and #1 and #67 of AOTBO)
- Omnidex
- A couple of Gift Shop images
- Forte sprite button on Sprites page
- Link buttons on the Links page
- Club H
- Slider game

And I think that's it.  Everything else works, even the H-Board! Though I purposely broke registering on the board for security reasons.  There's a small chance I might have part of the old Omnidex, and I might try fixing some of the comics which I still have, but most of those are lost forever.  At least to my knowledge.

Something to keep in mind is that parts of the site aren't all of the exact same time period.  They may be a few months off here and there, but that's basically how the site looked back then.  You need to view the site in Internet Explorer, or it'll look messed up in some places.  Also, if nothing loads when you try, chances are my shitty router is down again and I haven't reset it yet.  Just try again laters.

Another thing to note is that I had little to do with any of the site at this time period aside from making Gordon.  The rest was done by Spug and Bumblefly.  I was just a hanger-on, back when it was all about fun and sprite comics using copyrighted characters!

WHY WOULD I DO SUCH A THING?  I dunno, I had thought about doing it a while back and never did, and after sorting through some old files the other day and finding some of this stuff, I thought now's as good a time as any.  I just like to fix things!  It involved a lot of that, and I managed to learn a few things here and there which I didn't think would happen when I started.  I even repaired a broken PNG file for the main page in a hex editor.  HOW'S THAT FOR HARDCORE. 

Anyhoo, enjoy I guess.  I dunno how long I'll leave it up.  The modern Hazard Labs is back up again for the moment as well, since Deck still wanted some more stuff from the Omnidex or something.  Afterwards I'll prolly set it back to the holder page.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 01:29:00 pm by FyberOptic »

Joefus

• Click Out Field Commander
  • Heehehe
Re: Ye Old Labs
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:30:02 pm »
 wow this is great, I never knew this is how the labs looked way back when.  Although now I'm trying to rember what the labs looked like back when I first arrived back in hmmm probably the end of the summer 2003.  I think everything was lined up on the left left with little 8-bit labships, or maybe I was there for the version before that one, doesn't really matter I guess.  I do however definatly remeber the H-board having all those pokemon decorations.

EDIT: which I can still log onto  ;D

PS. Famous D'GOOs throught history = 2 fani
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 12:39:03 pm by Joefus »

Replay

• F'tang F'tang O'BiscuitBarrell
  • I can't remember my text
Re: Ye Old Labs
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:40:30 pm »
Ahh, I remember it well~
I am Zandick, son of Zandick. Prepare to die.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: Ye Olde Labs
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 01:31:22 pm »
It was actually your Professor Battle image there on the front which was broken.  I was surprised to see what it was when I was able to open it again.  I was expecting some little image of some sort.

This isn't exactly part of that layout, but here's the original quiz you had to pass in order to get to the H-Board.

I have some of the components left from the design you're talking about too, Joefus.  I'm just not sure if enough of that site is still in existance to recreate it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 01:35:53 pm by FyberOptic »

Iddi

• I'm not just a
  • '\(^o^)/'
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 02:34:17 pm »
Aw, I remember that lab. Those were the times when the labs was small and had five visitors a day.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 02:34:37 pm »
I so passed that quiz.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 05:49:19 pm »
I managed to find/fix the Fizzman Interviews page, which will let you get to the movie reviews as well.  But the main WTF index page is possibly gawn, so I gave it a redirector page to there for now.

EDIT:  Scratch that, I recovered the main WTF page as well.  Though the date images are missing.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 05:56:33 pm by FyberOptic »

Sino

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 08:01:52 pm »

Blazeman

• BOMBING DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!
    • Children of Crisis [FF7 RP]
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 09:00:11 pm »
On the subject of the 2004-2005 HL, what do I do with the 809 Ðibs that I accumulated in an attempt to get a Dex Shirt before the whole thing fell apart?

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 09:02:24 pm »
Nothing now. They are lost forever.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 09:11:44 pm »
H-HOLY SHITE.
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 09:16:26 pm »
Dibs/Bux are now worthless according to what I hear.  SRY~

Not to diss the place but people ordered shirts months and months ago and they still aint got'em, so you would have never gotten one anyways.  And I dunno what the point in them wearing Hazard Labs shirts would be now.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 09:43:27 pm »
If you have any other versions of the labs I'd like to see em.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 10:04:03 am »
I done dumped all my multitude of Dibs and Bux post Bluejay/Lark break up, gave them all to Brainfreeze who then went and got himself Moderated, and didn't need 'em.  I fonated many + 3 crap and cashes to the Profs, and now all i have to show for it is an ID card.  (Someone is bitter)
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 04:09:52 pm »
Just so you guyses know, the previous versions of the Labs are now GAWNN.  Recent events have removed any nostalgia those places gave me, and if you hadn't gotten everything you wanted off of'em by now, you prolly never would have . . !