Author Topic: Power Rangers Mystic Force  (Read 35045 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Power Rangers Mystic Force
« on: October 06, 2005, 06:14:26 pm »
So I found out the name of the new Power Rangers series we'll get in January or February.  It's based on the Japanese series Magiranger, and I had no idea what they were gonna call it, but I guess appropriately enough it'll be titled Mystic Force.  I think we've had one too many series with the word "Force" in the title but whatcha gonna do.

Anyways, this is supposedly a theme song that they scrapped, played along with scenes from the show so people could get a feel of what it'd be like.  I can't say I like the song, and hope they go in an entirely new direction.  But I figured some folks might be interested.

Magiranger itself though is a fine series.  Originally I thought a series based on magic would be totally stupid, but as I watched more and more of it, I started to like it as much if not more so than Dekaranger (S.P.D. here).  I might post some screenshots from it if anyone is curious.  I've got up through episode 31 (out of 50 I assume) so far.  GOOD STUFF.  Whether the American equivalent will be good, only time will tell~

Red_Raven

Re: Power Rangers Mystic Force
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 06:29:41 pm »
god, dont the damn makers of power rangers ever give. i cant stand power rangers. cheap effects, bad lines

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
  • Well, thank you Harvey! I prefer you too.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 06:44:17 pm »
Dude, SPD is the shit. It's got some of the coolest giant robot Cg effects I've ever seen in the power ranger series. It also seems to be not so formulative as some of the past ranger series. I also like the SPD for having a but load of rangers and those rangers looking fairly cool. The new Mystic force looks intreresting. I've talked with Fyber about it before and I'm wondering how they'll change the whole 5 brotehrs and sister things because in the American version they need at least 1 minority ranger. The capes and helmet designs look kind of cool. In regards to the song it was a toe tapper, but not as rocking as the SPD Intro.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 06:58:41 pm »
I was kind of dissapointed with our version of S.P.D. Fyber when you can id like to those mystic force screenshots.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Joefus

• Click Out Field Commander
  • Heehehe
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 07:09:29 pm »
I haven't really watched much of SPD, but I don't really like the Power Rangers where they belong to some kinda police force.  Gimme the good 'ol Might Morphin'or Turbo or Zeo or In Space and I'm happy.  Though I did like Dino Thunder.  Maybe I'll watch this one, sounds like a good premise.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 03:38:18 pm by Joefus »

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 03:32:24 pm »
As ive said I gave up hope on the Power Rangers as soon as that ninjas series started

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 02:21:14 am »
I uploaded some mp3s of some of the cooler themes for anyone who wants to take a listen.  These came from the soundtracks they release over there for each series, since they have lots of actual songs for their series there instead of just generic stuff used over and over.

Mahou Sentai Magiranger (Mystic Force)
Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger (S.P.D.)
Bakuryu Sentai Abaranger (Dino Thunder)
Kyuukyuu Sentai Go-Go Five (Lightspeed Rescue)

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 10:13:32 pm »
I must admit I am lacking in my Ranger knowledge, last one I caught even a glimpse of was Time force I do believe.  I was upset there wasn't constant time travel.  Anywho I don't get much chance to see dem powerfull ranger types no more.  I'm usually a workin on saturday morning.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 07:02:32 pm »
Space, Turbo, and Dino have been my favorites so far.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 03:22:58 pm »
T-Turbo........

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2005, 05:13:19 pm »
I'm secretly (or not so secretly anymore) hoping it'll become an anime, and if all goes well a pretty dark one.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Red_Raven

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 05:58:47 pm »
pffft, power rangers suck! *waits for vito to object*

Vito

• Super cool detective
  • Collguy
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2005, 06:00:15 pm »
Depends on the series.

Red_Raven

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 06:01:24 pm »
fine! ALL POWER RANGER SERIESES SUCK!

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 06:47:35 pm »