Author Topic: Political Pigpin  (Read 189757 times)

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
Re: Political Pigpin
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2007, 07:06:47 am »
Okay, this needs confirmation, but, I'm pretty certain I just heard on the news last night that the head of the Border Patrol in Texas stated that it's not the Border Patrols job to stop illegal immigrants, nor is it thier jpb to stop drug trafficing, it is thier job to keep terrorists out of this country.  The Border Patrol does not Patrol Our borders.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2007, 03:47:49 pm »
I dunno, they seem to catch plenty of them slipping over here, but it's obviously impossible to catch'em all. 

Meanwhile, since Fox News has just about played out their trick of swapping the republican label for democrat when a republican gets caught doing something, they decided to just not show his party affiliation at all this time.

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2007, 11:09:34 pm »
Hey, maybe from now on they just won't show anyone's party. ;)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2007, 04:51:55 pm »

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2007, 05:40:58 pm »
Greatest... President... Ever.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2007, 10:36:32 pm »
violation of rights?
http://www.dogflu.ca/06072007/22/california_may_be_forced_to_neuter_cats_and_dogs
Spaying and neutering your pets should be your own decision. forcing people to do it, and going door to door to make sure it gets done...That's just plain wrong.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2007, 03:11:17 am »
Ehh, I don't agree with forcing people to do it, but they have an animal problem.  And too many people let their animals just run free and hump everything in sight.  So I dunno, I don't really have an opinion either way.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2007, 03:27:32 am »
I understand the problem. What I don't like is they can take your pets away and force you to take manditory classes and charge you a five hundred dollar fine if their demands aren't met. This is something that I hope gets challenged in court. Arnold doesn't have an opinion on this yet although it seems lately he's caving in to the activists. I'm glad I don't live there but this could easily happen to any state.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2007, 11:18:29 pm »
Well while the forcing people to do it may not be particularly cool, the fact is, unless you're planning to breed the animal, there's not a lot of reason to not have it done.  The majority of pet owners have no plans of ever allowing their animals to mate.  And most animal shelters won't let you adopt a pet unless they spay or neuter it first anyway.  I know people get a bit uppity when they're faced with the possibility of being forced to do anything, but it's something that most people should be doing, and probably would already be doing.  In the end, I think this would mostly only affect the people who are the problem pet owners.  Anyone seriously interested in breeding would just file for it like they do any other papers for their pets.

It's not final though, and I have a feeling it won't be.  And I don't see it going to any other states unless there's a particularly big animal problem, which most states just don't have compared to CA.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2007, 10:49:18 am »
Whoah, Bush's science advisor, admitting global warming is in fact man-made?  I honestly am shocked.  And perhaps pleased that it might mean some official acknowledgement by America before long.

Hmm, it seems many in the military are shifting their donations to the Democratic party.  On the Republican side, Ron Paul is getting the most.  McCain is in second, then Romney, then Giuliani.  Sounds like the armed forces have a pretty good grasp of which Republican candidates are worth supporting, going by that pecking order.  In my opinion, at least.  I'd like to see a list of who got what on the Democrat side too.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:37:59 pm by FyberOptic »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2007, 10:31:25 pm »
Ohio Republicans, blocking voting machine testing?  I am simply so shocked and such.  Or I would be, if we didn't already know that they've been trying to rig elections in Ohio for a while now, and some even got arrested this last mid-term election for it.  And in New York too, I think.

Matter o' fact, I do believe that California has already decertified the same machines for being extremely vulnerable.

So seriously, this is all just BS.  Bank ATMs have more security and paper trail than our voting machines.  That's pathetic.  Almost every brand of electronic voting machine has been found vulnerable to something or another.  If I can't punch in my votes and then get a printed receipt I have to turn in, on which I can confirm that it did in fact pick who I wanted, and then they compare every paper vote to the electronic votes for the tallies, then it's not adequate.  Simple as that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:32:59 pm by FyberOptic »

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2007, 06:44:23 am »
Agreed Fyber, however isn'tthe purpose of the electronic ballot to do away with the paper ones?  I agree that the idea of a reciept and therefore a paper trail is a good one, but in that case you may as well remove the machine and just go back to paper.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2007, 12:41:07 am »
I think the point of using electronic ones was to prevent incidents like hanging chads and other screw-ups that can happen with conventional paper ballots.  But the advantage to using an electronic machine that also prints the results that the voter can see means you have double the accuracy, and a much smaller chance of trickery. 

Current electronic machines can be hacked to randomly change certain votes in certain candidates' favor (as can be seen on Youtube in many different videos), and after you make your vote on those, there's literally no way to know what it truly voted for you.  If it's both electronic and paper, you can plainly see on the paper what you voted, and they also have no more problem with hanging chads or other crap because it's a printout.  If the printout votes don't match the electronic votes, then they know some tomfoolery happened and can investigate.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2007, 07:04:45 am »
We should all design the Fybertech Electronic Voting Automation Hub. It wouldn't be hard really, and F.E.V.A.H. is a pretty sellaple acronym.  But it would basicly be the computer voting, with the paper printout, and maybe a coffee maker or something... some racing stripes to make it run faster, and perhaps a copy of WoW installed in every booth to help bring out voters.

"Come on out in '08 and catch the voting F.E.V.A.H."
"Only one cup of coffee per voter. WoW playtime limited to 5 minutes unless you pay for more. Hey you're getting free coffee so stop whining; you're here to vote, not play video games."

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2007, 09:42:18 pm »
Meanwhile, Dan Rather still believes the story he did about Bush's military records to be entirely true, much as I have all this time.  And as I suspected, and he confirms, nobody to this day has ever proven the documents false.