6 (75%)
Keep accounts, keep items
1 (12.5%)
Other?
0 (0%)
LEAVE FYBORG ALONE
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: IdleRPG Reset  (Read 9385 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
IdleRPG Reset
« on: February 03, 2008, 01:25:46 am »
HAY GUYS.  A long time ago, I said I'd reset Fyborg when somebody hit level 100.  It's taking so long to ever level up that nobody is really ever going to catch anyone else for months at a time.

But here's the thing.  Should I just do a sweeping reset, where we all sign back up fresh?  Should I try to carry over the characters, except reset?  If stats are reset, should I leave the items you've collected?  Or what?

Keep in mind I'm not entirely sure how possible it is to do any of this without exploring it more thoroughly, but I thought I'd ask what folks wanted and would then investigate doing it.  It's likely possible.

Boris

• The Money Man
  • Collguy
  • Implying I need a job
    • You're lookin at it
Re: IdleRPG Reset
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 07:37:50 am »
I'd say the items are part of the imballance. While collecting them during the course of the game isn't bad, if you're gonna reset, I'd say to nuke them too. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you managed to keep the current accounts otherwise though.
<Armature> i just really want centaur Azula

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 08:18:49 pm »
I say, so long as I don't have to re-sign up, I'm happy, though I really like that I got that amulet of the storms, it matches my character and "class" too well.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:21:58 pm »
Being the one who gave Fyber the idea to install this little mod onto Fyborg, I'd have to say I'd like to see a partial wipe of the game. Wipe everything but the accounts. If it's too much trouble, wipe the whole thing and start from scratch. We should save the old stats somewhere as a way of marking where we all were before the wipe and to see how long it takes to get there again. (By stats, I mean the info page on the idlerpg website we have).
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

Deck

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:28:35 pm »
I'm willing to re-sign up with a fresh character, it would give us all a chance to make new classes for ourselves each time. I voted second option regardless though.

I am hoping we can record all our characters in a Hall of Fame sorta thing first.