Author Topic: HTML as Background?  (Read 10157 times)

Altzan

• Website Designer
    • My website of boringness
HTML as Background?
« on: August 28, 2007, 05:54:06 pm »
I have updated my website.
One thing I mentioned (on my website) is Window's ability to use HTML pages as wallpapers (see attachment below). I want to know= anyone have good ideas for exploiting this? My picture here shows a media player (works GREAT) and I have a couple more examples on my site. Any ideas for this (flash, pictures, etc. as background) or have HTML creations of your own that could be useful?
TORTQUATO TASSO is the best name ever.

RANDOM WEBSITE
SEE MY POKEMANS CARD

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: HTML as Background?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:20:03 pm »
I've considered using it before for running a local web server all the time and letting it update with particular content.  Maybe a calendar and notes and other kinds of statistics I like to keep track of.  But I pretty much have tray apps that do those things, so I never fooled with it.  That, and it just uses ram and blocks my real wallpaper.

And plus I tend to let my desktop become consumed with icons!

That media player thing is kinda neat though.  What is it?

Altzan

• Website Designer
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 12:45:11 pm »
But I pretty much have tray apps that do those things, so I never fooled with it.  That, and it just uses ram and blocks my real wallpaper. And plus I tend to let my desktop become consumed with icons!

Whenever I use those tray apps or anything like that, it slows my computer down, and this method is actually better for me. If you look in my picture before, you can see most of my icons are in a drop-down (or really, up) menu next to my clock. So that isn't a problem.

That media player thing is kinda neat though.  What is it?

Project Playlist lets you surf the web for your favorite mp3's and saves them to your 'playlist'. It lets you use a code to paste onto a website, so I simply pasted it into my HTML. Also, it saves the tracks to Temprorary Internet Files, so you only have to listen once to have it saved. Instant music without opening browsers or media players! I like it.

RANDOM WEBSITE
SEE MY POKEMANS CARD

Altzan

• Website Designer
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 10:45:05 pm »
I have an idea for one... I saw a code somewhere where you can click one of several thumbnails and the one you clicked becomes your background. I figure if you get 6 or so backgrounds you can change them in one click, no 'Properties' thing. The pictures would have to be same size as your screen though, or they'd tile. I'll see if I can find that code and make one to post here.

EDIT- Strike that: I found the code and found it is mouse-over only. Pfft.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:33:06 pm by Altzan »

RANDOM WEBSITE
SEE MY POKEMANS CARD

Altzan

• Website Designer
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 11:31:56 pm »
OK...I got some crap for you to download and try. Unzip to any directory and make the html file your background. (I did NOT create these codes, I just implemented them into HTML docs.)

1) Alien. It will make your background space-like and an alien will float randomly around your desktop.
2) Space. It will simulate space travel, making your desktop "fly through space".
3) BGScroll. It takes any image you want (replace image included with image of SAME NAME AND EXTENSION) and scrolls it vertically on your desktop.

Two links to ones I will implement if I am requested to (I am up at 11:40PM, I'm tired).

1) Color Cube= click a color on the cube displayed to change your background to that color.
2) Matrix= Makes Matrix-style digital rain on your desktop.

OPINIONS PLEASE. I know I did not make these codes myself, but I put them in a format you can use as your desktop background.

If you need explanations of Javascript or HTML, ask Fyber, not me. Fyber likes to type.  ;)
Now I'm tired. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz......

RANDOM WEBSITE
SEE MY POKEMANS CARD