Author Topic: Gone, but not forgotten.  (Read 8732 times)

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
Gone, but not forgotten.
« on: June 20, 2007, 01:32:31 pm »
I caught myself today remenicing on all the icons and slogans I grew up with as a child, and wondered how many were still remembered by others here.

Icon: Birdie

Company: McDonalds

Description: A Chickadee, with brown hair in braids, overalls, a scarf and goggles, a flyer by trade the only female (save for some fryguys and a McNugget or two) to live in Ronald McDonaldLand.  She was used as the "Femmefactor" an icon for girls to look to, but never had a major roll in the ads.  A sweet disposition, but often quiet through commercials except to add moral support toRonald and the crew.

Cause of dissapearance: Most likely a lack of popularity coupled with a desire to take Ronald out of Playland and into a more realistic setting so as to interact with real children.  I vaugly remember Birdie making a few appearances late in her career, but she would mostly stay silent, like a college mascot.

Current whereabouts: Most likely working at a Chick-Fil-A somewhere, or posibly whoring herself on the streets of playland.  Undoubtedly her pilots liscense was revoked once they realised the danger her "Bird Brain" and chronic alcoholism, presented to flying advanced commercial aircraft.

Slogan: Food, Folks, and Fun

Company: McDonalds

There yo have it fellas and ladies, feel free to add what you remember and a backstory, if you want to do a "Where are They Now" type joke, feel free.

One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: Gone, but not forgotten.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 01:58:49 pm »
That slogan, and "we love to see you smile", were infinitely better than the low-browed "I'm lovin' it".

Klowner

• Crazy Robot Humaniod
  • Ask Away
    • (Dave's Insane Nes Hacks With Scratches)
Re: Gone, but not forgotten.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 10:51:33 pm »
What about Kentucky fried chicken in stead of just kfc, I always liked the whole name better than the abbration of it. Also I like having the whole chicken better then just one part of it. ;D
Romhacking.net lost me now, But I already find a better home forum it's called Stecnet. Sorry I haven't been back here for awhile I have been kind of lost.
Dave's Nes Hacks And More