Author Topic: Political Pigpin  (Read 188615 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
Re: Political Pigpin
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2007, 03:56:33 pm »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2007, 10:08:55 pm »
More info regarding Dan Rather's suit.  Tis split onto three pages, mind you.

It seems he's not really interested in the money, as the article says, due to the fact that he's pushing past any sort of settlement so that depositions can take place.  I think this is going to be really interesting, because Bush's military records really do need to be brought back into light.  McCain opened his up to the public back when he ran in 2000, so what was Bush hiding that he wouldn't do the same?  Many people have pointed out discrepancies with what we do know about his military career, and nobody has proved the documents in the Dan Rather story false.  Not only that, but it was only one set of documents from the entire story that were in question, but the resulting shitstorm was likely to redirect attention away from the other evidence.  So it'll be nice to put scrutiny on the issue again to finally try and get to some truth.  Plus, if there's been as much government pressure towards the media as the suit claims, blowing that open to the public will be nice as well.

Seems to be a trend these days from the neocons to turn things into huge deals, to draw attention away from the actual issue.  Like how they made a huge stink over the MoveOn.org ad, to draw attention away from the war itself, when Republicans made a worse ad disrespecting a disabled army vet in order to get elected to something a few years back.  And whoever that was won based on that ad, and was then one of those involved in making a stink over the MoveOn ad.  So fuck that hypocrisy.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:16:28 pm by FyberOptic »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2007, 02:49:25 pm »
Some interesting facts about Moveon.Org. I think these people are beyond corrupt. From just looking at the evidence it's clear that they put out a lot of propoganda. The ad on Petraeus wasn't only put out a day before his report they twisted the facts and accuse him of doing the same.They could at least list the good we are doing in Iraq. I'm surprised that John Kerry of all people condemmned this advertisement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoveOn.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Betray_Us_controversy

What the press says about us:

http://www.moveon.org/press/moveonpress.html

Not surprising they wouldn't list the newspapers, tv stations saying bad things about them.

I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2007, 03:27:53 pm »
I dunno, I saw a couple negatives just from a glance over a couple of the press pages there, one related to Fox News (no surprise there) and another from San Francisco Chronicle.  I didn't read over all of the links though but I figure there's some others somewhere.  BILLO however loves listing his critics, because it makes drama and he can sound like the victim of the leftist plot to destroy the country.

I don't see anything in the links you listed to suggest they're corrupt though.  I think they're just a bit too liberal for my taste sometimes, which is why I don't always take such websites' news at face value, and follow any links to where they got a story from to read it for myself.  But them being so liberal is why Fox News (and mostly O'Reilly) hates them so much, since they're at the total opposite end of the spectrum, with Fox being extremely conservative.

As for Petraeus, I don't think it's very hard to see that he took a fine military career and soiled it by becoming Bush's spokespuppet for how great the war is going.  You just don't mix military and politics like that.  Every time it was tried in the past, it backfired horribly.

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2007, 09:29:52 pm »
It worked well for Theadore Roosevelt, and Ceaser, and I think plenty of other guys, but I recently, nah, I don't think it does so well anymore.

Mage

• Veteran Lurker
« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2007, 10:54:09 am »
First off, you mispelled both those names(Theodore Roosevelt and Julius Caesar). Second off, those two used a successful military career(although Roosevelt was really only leading a volunteer group during the Spanish-American war) to assist them in gaining political power, which is not quite the same as supporting the current head of state.
<INSERT PATHETIC ATTEMPT AT A WITTICISM HERE>

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2007, 01:22:10 am »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2007, 02:30:35 pm »
Dress in drag and do the hula?
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Mage

• Veteran Lurker
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2007, 10:16:55 pm »
[soapbox]
Maybe they should do something absolutely drastic, like using their personal fortunes and influences to try improving the world we live in? And not just doing what they want under that pretext, but actually doing the right thing?

...Yeah, I didn't think so either. We're on our own, America. Let's try to make it better on a non-political level.

[/soapbox]
<INSERT PATHETIC ATTEMPT AT A WITTICISM HERE>

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2007, 12:20:09 am »
Don't worry, it seems Guliani might not have as much luck as he'd like (or could buy).

Honestly though I don't see what difference it makes what the president's stand on abortion is.  Bush is conservative but he sure hasn't made it illegal, despite having a republican-controlled congress for most of his terms.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:21:54 am by FyberOptic »

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2007, 10:39:32 am »
Crazy Demon Skeleton has opened her mouth again, and the words that spewed out are none too surprising considering where they came from.

I'll still never understand how she could get away with saying "faggot" at a political event and never get in trouble, where if a celebrity did, they'd get crucified by every rights group imaginable.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2007, 05:07:25 pm »
Speaking about political events Hillary claiming to be responsible for the creation of media matters, and move on isn't getting a whole lot of attention, and it should.

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2007, 12:25:28 am »
I don't think it's news that Media Matters and Move On are liberal sites or might have democrats backing them.  That's like pointing out all the republican officials who have gotten involved with Fox News.  Except in this case, these are just websites that the majority of people have never even heard of or look at.  In the end I don't think anyone really cares about the actual people involved, just the fact that one place is biased this way and another biased that way, and I think anyone who keeps up with this stuff already knew the biases of all of the above.

Meanwhile, here's an interesting little video on global warming.  Pretty much a "you're free to decide what you want" thing, but with what would be the result in various scenarios based on those decisions.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 12:28:00 am by FyberOptic »

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2007, 02:02:54 am »
I don't think it's the fact that matters, and move are liberal sites. It's the whole "our point is your point truthful or not." crap they seem fond of pulling. I was well aware Clinton was behind the two, i'm just dissapointed this isn't getting coverage the way Rush's phony soldiers remarks has gotten attention. Congress has a hell of a lot of other things to deal with then silencing a radio show host,or looking into steroid use in the wwe. 

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2007, 06:54:41 am »
I'll agree on that, Congress does have much better thingsto do, but anyone silencing Rush is a good thing in my book, that guy needs to go mute for a long time.
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.