Author Topic: Apartment Complex  (Read 14483 times)

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
  • Careful, or the mice will rise up.
    • My Deviant Art page
Apartment Complex
« on: February 07, 2006, 01:32:23 pm »
Okay so I am having SEVERE writers block when it comes to an idea for 204.  As such I have decided to let you guys pitch me some ideas, hopefully I get a few good ones I can run with as I do really want to keep this going, but my life has been on the skidds for a while for real so I am in need of a creative boost or three.

Post your ideas here.

Some basic rules:
Remember, keep it mostly realistic, no space fairies or Megaman cameos.

It doesn't just have to be for one comic, if you have an idea that would take a while to play out, great.  I need all the fodder I can get.

Unless you can provide a 16-bit sprite with all needed movements to me, and unless you would make sense in a mostly real world, PLEASE no self insertions.

Remember, this comic is about two guys sharing an apartment, yes they have lives outside of said apartment, but please, do not deviate too far from the idea.  We don't need supervillians or an arch nemesis.  While conflict can be cool, I don't want to base the rest of my comic around arguing with one character.... that's what Richard is for.

Please don't break the 4th wall too much.

Finally, have fun with it, I'll take any and all ideas, no matter how wierd or silly, I may not use them, but then again who knows, I could make a "tribute" or something, a collage of all the ideas I got that were too outlandish. Who knows... could be fun.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 01:34:42 pm by Bluejay »
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

Red_Raven

Re: Apartment Complex
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 05:25:22 pm »
how bout this, new wealthy guys wanna move in, and there are no open apartments, so the boss wants to throw you out so they can move in. you have 24hours to find a good reason for him let you stay.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 02:09:44 am »
Hmmm... it has.. possabilities, but it would work better if we had till the end of the month or something... but I will definately consider it.
Anything else?
One day, when the zombies rise and destroy humanity; I will survive, I will live on, I will take your best stuff for myself.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 06:00:00 am »
Gremlins go wild.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:44:37 pm »
Always a source of amusement.

Buzzard

• Flying biker bandit
  • So I heard you like Mudkips
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 12:12:48 am »
I vote they go out for ice cream and the author shows up and they time travel an-*gets shot for reciting the generic BnG storyline*
Ten years to the minute, no longer in it.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 12:27:52 pm »
Okay I need some real ideas guys, please, I'm asking you for help.

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 02:06:36 pm »
You could have the water stop running due to a break in a water main. That happens all the time at my house. Or you could have the power fail, or have the roof/water pipes above the apartment leak. Or you could make up a fictional music group or other somehow well-known people and have them move in close by. Or you could have Rich join some kind of club, like a paper mache making club or a book club or model airplane club. Or maybe have him and Jason start a pirate radio station. Or dress up as clowns and play with dolls in the living room. Or eat some weird, nasty food and get sick. Or get a pet and have to constantly hide it from Richard.

Prox

• lolwut
    • Right here
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 06:14:31 pm »
Due to one of those utility problems (flood, water leak, power outage) somebody would have to go down in the basement of the apartment building and discover something which could push some kind of storyline.

Shadow

• Rope master
  • Gonna need more rope.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 06:45:37 pm »
This may sound kinda bland, but here it is. The manager of the hotel is murdered, and Jason and Rich are the main suspects because they kinda hated him, plus he never stopped bugging them about the rent. So they have exactly 1 month to prove they are innocent and try to find the real murderer.

ecto

• Ghosty,ghosty!
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 07:27:00 pm »
As for the gremlins thing iv'e been working out an idea. Jason and rich are pondering how to stay when rich releases trapped gremlins. As the land lord is about to exterminate them the e.p.a. declare them an endangered species and Jason and Rich are now the caretakers of the creatures and no longer have to pay rent. The landlord would be arrested if any attempts to remove them are made.
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.Neuf sed.

Bluejay

• HERO OF FYBERTECH (tm)
  • Collguy
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 03:57:08 am »
Alright guys I appreciate the help, keep the ideas flowing, like i said I'll use the ones i like (due credit given of course) and the rest may happen anyway, thanks a lot, I'll be working on the next batch of comics soon.