Author Topic: DOZ - Public Beta 1  (Read 23640 times)

FyberOptic

• King of Earth
  • Administrator
  • Oh god what is that?
    • Fybertech.com
DOZ - Public Beta 1
« on: December 13, 2004, 03:40:00 pm »
Defenders of Zentax is an overhead ANSI-graphic BBS-based rpg, set in the future.  It has real-time multiplayer support, for bulletin board systems which use multiple nodes.  There is also a built-in scripting language, allowing anyone to write their own adventures.

First of all, keep in mind that this game was released over 6 years ago(in '98, but the work started on it almost 2 years before). It was never finished. I only released one official version, and that was a beta. It's definately playable... it's just short. I never found any bugs myself, and never had any reported to me, so I assume the game engine is fine. If you wanted to learn the TDF scripting language (help file is included in the archive), then you could make your own quests from scratch. Either way, here it is, for nostalgia reasons if nothing else.

DOZ - Public Beta 1 (160kb)

The old Turbo Pascal bug would have caused this game to crash on newer systems, but I found a patch and ran it on the file, so it should be okay for you folks with fast computers. I haven't tested it yet to find out though, so I'd appreciate if somebody would let me know how it works.

Note: The contact information in the documentation, other than the email address and url, are outdated, so don't bother trying to contact me with those methods. If you have any questions/comments, feel free to contact me here.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 03:46:46 pm by FyberOptic »

MDude

• Meticulous Maniac
  • Enjoy machine world.
    • My Soundcloud Account
Re: DOZ - Public Beta 1
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 07:52:22 am »
Wow. I tried playing this, and it's pretty sweet in my opinion. I only played for awhile, but the only major problem I had was that when I talked to the purple person sitting behind the desk, I accedently left the conversation window before I went to, and then it just showed the "Have a nce day." message. it would nice if you had to press enter to exit conversations with NPCs. Other than that, what I've played so far seems pretty solid, although all I did was talk to a few people, start a quest, and fight a few monsters. I'll look into it more when I have the time.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:15:44 pm by MDude »